I Need Pricing Help!!!

Business By peacockplace Updated 31 Jan 2006 , 6:46pm by ge978

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make six 1/4 sheet cakes for the high school tomorrow. The thing is that they just want plain white frosting with black lettering and that's it. It's pretty simple. What would you guys charge per cake? I'm not used to doing something so plain. icon_confused.gif

4 replies
lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 5

Are they double layered and filled? Any torting?

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 5

What would you normally charge for a 1/4 sheet? You could knock a couple of $ off if you wanted to but you are still putting out all your normal time to make the cakes, icing, etc. And is it a last minute order?

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 5

They aren't filled or torted, just a plain single layer sheet cake. It's a last minuite thing so I've gotta get baking. I'm just a little unsure how to make a cake so plain look good.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Peacockplace: Sometimes the plain ones are the most difficult to do because we want to make them more decorative.
My suggestion would be to concentrate on the writing..maybe big black block letters, with really nice borders around the cakes...or fancy cursive writing. Sorry, don't have many more ideas...the plain ones are hard for me too
I usually charge $20 for 1/4 sheet with minimal decoration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%