Let's Have Fun ~ What Are You Planning To Bake This Weekend?

Baking By Joshsmom Updated 12 Mar 2007 , 11:06pm by jamhays

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 51

If any of you are like me I only really have the weekends to do anything and I usually can't wait until Friday night to start getting everything together for a bake fest over the weekends.

My sons preschool is having a bakesale and I of course signed up to bring decorated cookies so this weekend I plan on making RBC and RI in lots of different colors. I want to make to package together 2 sizes of flowers, a cactus with a red chili pepper, a flip flop with margurita and bathing suit with swim trunks.

Whats everyone else doing?

50 replies
tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 51

I have to bake a few samples for a baby shower I'm doing in May. They're little pastel blue, yellow, and green umbrellas. I've already made samples but now they want them smaller and on a stick so I'm gonna make only a yellow one this time. I've also got a few orders for St. Patty's day so I gotta work on those. icon_biggrin.gif

How fun that your sons preschool's having a bake sale! I can't wait for mine to start going to school so I can bake for them! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 51

I am doing a spring flower bouquet for Sunday; a couple of orders of St. Pat's cookies for Tuesday; and a birthday bouquet for Wednesday...I also just got a few new cutters in(summer, Father's Day) that I need to do for samples...busy, busy.

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 51

I will start tomorrow to decorate DS birthday cake for Saturday, it is filled and frozen so I can sculpt into (2) cats. I will be modeling silverware and animals out of fondant for the 4 tierd Hexagon cake I am doing for the Humane Society for Tuesday. This modeling thing is kinda new to me.

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 51

You gals are really being creative this weekend. I actually don't have anything that "must" be done so I am going with cravings this weekend. I have been wanting spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting so I will definitely do that this weekend... maybe in a petal pan to practice for niece's birthday cake next month.

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 51

Our best friend's daughter is getting married Saturday night and I am doing the groom's cake. 12,8, & 6" squares all chocolate of course with choc.bc icing and chocolate dipped strawberries. Other than being square, chocolate and with strawberries, it has been left up to me what else is on it. I am thinking about a monogram on top and have already cut out chocolate fondant "Texas" shapes & stars to go around the sides. The reception is having a western flar to it. Cakes are cooked and in the freezer and I made tons of icing last night.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:31pm
post #7 of 51

I have a going away cake to bake. My niece is moving to tennesse some where near Dollywood. Thinking of making a cake w/log cabin next to two big mountains. Not sure yet, but it has to be a travel theme. Will post pic's for constructive criticism will be 2nd attempt with fondant.

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 51

I want to get started on some ideas for easter to see how they turn out. I wanted to use a plastic egg and use gumpaste to cover each half and let them dry. Then hand paint . After they dry i wanted to fill them with some kind of candy. Then glue together with a little buttercream so that the kids could open them and get the candy out. We'll see how it goes.

kden3980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kden3980 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:37pm
post #9 of 51

Well I am making my own birthday cake! I know some of you may say "that's just not right" but I want to build up my portfolioicon_wink.gif I am making a wizard of oz cake (my all time fav movie!)

~Kara~

pancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pancake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 51

I'm doing a three tier wedding cake with GP roses, pinks & reds........trying to build up my wedding portfolio. It's going to be a pina colada cake with coconut frosting underneath the fondant (only because I've been craving anything coconut-flavored lately!) I'll post pictures on this thread on Monday..HEY!--Everyone should post their weekend creations here on Monday icon_wink.gif

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 51

A baby shower cake for saturday a tweety bird cake for sunday, browines also for sunday (we're celebrating my birthday too), and I'm suppoused to be baking right now. I need to deliver a kalhua cake, a carrot cake and an amaretto cake tomorrow. And a cheesecake because tomotrrow I'm having breakfast with some friends. icon_biggrin.gif

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:41pm
post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kden3980

Well I am making my own birthday cake! I know some of you may say "that's just not right" but I want to build up my portfolioicon_wink.gif I am making a wizard of oz cake (my all time fav movie!)

~Kara~

I'll be making my own cake this next week also!! As for the weekend, I teach two Wilton classes at Michaels on Saturday and Sunday I don't want to do anything!!! I just got done making a cake for my daughters birthday and it pooped me out!!

Solecito Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:42pm
post #13 of 51

Well happy birthay to you 2 too!!!!! icon_lol.gif

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:43pm
post #14 of 51

I have to bake and assemble a hiker cake. The hiker figure has been drying for several days and some of the other MMF accents.

I also want to start working on some Easter cookies because I don't have any in my portfolio yet. Hopefully I'll get a bunch of orders so I can pay for my new cake toys that I just bought. I sure am glad they are delivered while my DH is at work so I don't hear "Now what did you buy?" lol icon_lol.gif

SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:43pm
post #15 of 51

I get to make a little girl's 1st birthday cake this Saturday. I'm using the Wilton crown cake pan and making the wasc. I'm also going to make extra cupcakes and sugar cookies. The cookies will be stars on a stick to look like fairy princess wands. I'm looking forward to doing something very girly!

Solecito Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:44pm
post #16 of 51

Good idea pancake

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:45pm
post #17 of 51

well happy birthday kara!!! i am going to be decorating a 30th birthday cake for saturday and i have another cake order for a father/son birthday cake for sunday....not sure what i am going to do for that yet....happy baking and happy weekend!!!!

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm
post #18 of 51

Right now I'm baking 2 cakes that will be movie reels stacked on top of eachother for a party tomorrow and Sat I have a Fairytopia cake due, I'll do the wonder mold sitting on a petal cake that is decorated like a flower.

Other than that I'm Scrapbooking Friday from 6-11pm and Sat from 9am-5pm. So, I've got to get cakes done tomorrow!!!!

Then I start working on cakes for the Jacksonville, AR Cake competition next weekend and the McKinney, TX Cake Competition the week after that!!! What a worldwind it should be!!!!

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:53pm
post #19 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecito

Well happy birthay to you 2 too!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Thanks!!! Hope you have a Happy Birthday also!!!

I looked at you cakes and they are pretty awesome! I still don't know what kind of cake to make for myself yet. Probably something I need to practice!!

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:54pm
post #20 of 51

I need to bake an 8 inch round for my Wilton class on Tuesday. I might make another one just so I can practice icing it...I did my first cake the other day and I didn't put enough icing on it.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:57pm
post #21 of 51

absolutely nothing...LOL!

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:06pm
post #22 of 51

I don't have anything I have to do. My new (refurbished) Cinnamon Red Sealed KitchenAid Pro 600 will be here tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm policing my kitchen tonight. I'm thinking about trying the cake mix cookies and trying a little decorating. My Sunday school teacher and his wife are leaving after this Sunday icon_cry.gif . So maybe I will make them some sort of cookie bouquet as a gift. Any ideas on shapes? They are moving to Tennessee and then they will be going to the Phillipines to do some ministry work there.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:10pm
post #23 of 51

I am working on my first 'barnyard' cake right now...its due saturday. Then I'll be working on my fondant/gumpaste flowers for class on tuesday.
I've also got to bake a cake for class II on monday. Sheesh! Busy girl!
thumbs_up.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:11pm
post #24 of 51

Nothing......hee!hee! I just baked and decorated 3 CCC totally 102 cupcakes.2-6 inch rounds 3- 10 inch rounds, 2-8 inch rounds.1 wondermold.....2 sets of decorated singles cupcakes for 2 separate clients with fondant accents on top....made a fondant Fairy.....8 batches of BC icing 1 batch chocolate BC.....12 NFSC Butterflies with fondant on top and airbrushed....chicken in the oven for supper and I am pooped soooooo....It all starts again Monday but I love it!!!

Gapi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gapi Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:15pm
post #25 of 51

I´m planning on decorating some easter cookies just to practice.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:17pm
post #26 of 51

Let's see, I have 8 cakes next week, so I have actually started today and will finish up through the weekend. I have 2 chocolate covered strawberry cakes, a lemon with raspberry filling, marbled with cookies n creme filling, a Tweety cake, a firetruck cake, and 2 orders of decorated cookies and I think I am coming down with something. I want to get most of the baking done while I feel like it. I took my DD to the doc for her flu shot, and I think I brought home strep throat. Last time I took her, we brought home the Norovirus! Makes you not want to go to the doctor!! icon_cry.gif

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:19pm
post #27 of 51

I will be decorating a Scooby Doo cake and I am also helping my cousin's little girl with her PI Day project. She wants to make a PI cake.

I think she wants a topsy turvy with color flow or fondant pi standing up on top!! I figured I would bake and ice the cake and she and her class partner can decorate it. I will post it when finished.

krystalp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystalp Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:19pm
post #28 of 51

I'm doing my first cake for someone else other than my own kids!! I'm making a chocolate cake with a racetrack theme. I've gotten a lot of great ideas from everyone on here. Hopefully this will be my first of many! icon_biggrin.gif

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:20pm
post #29 of 51

Unfortunately, well maybe fortunately, i have no pending projects for the weekend, so i'm going to use this time to "experiment". i'm working on a couple of dummies, also, i've never made rolled butter cream or petit fours, so if there is time, i may try one of those. i can't stand an idle weekend when i could be playing in the kitchen!

sirius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sirius Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:21pm
post #30 of 51

i have a dummy cake to bake....icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%