Guess What!!!!!!

Decorating By Carriemyvoice Updated 10 Apr 2005 , 6:54am by PureShugga

Carriemyvoice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carriemyvoice Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 46

This has nothing to do with cakes, except that I might be craving them a lot in the next nine months. I am very excited and proud to announce that I am pregnant. I am in such shock, but just had to tell everyone!
This is my first and I have no idea what to do or what to expect.
Anyway I just thought I would share it with my cake decorating family.
Please keep me in your prayers as my husband and I take this 9 month journey.
Wishing you all lots of happy days with great cake!
Carrie

45 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 46

Congratulations Carrie!!!

Now go out and buy yourself the book "What to expect when you are Expecting" excellent book for first time mothers!!! Helps calm the nerves and answers all questions! I loved it!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 46

Congratulations Carriemyvoice! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and a healthy happy baby!
LL

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 46

Congratulations so much.
I will not give you hundred advice, but a very very big hug. You are going to the best journy ever.
Bless you both.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 46

Congratulations!

I agree with KiddieKakes. You should by that book. I'm a first time mom and I read the book all the way through. If you're anything like me I would rather bake a cake than read a book. When I was pregnant with my first child I rarely did any baking. I was too big! icon_lol.gif

I had my little girl last year the day before Mother's Day and I'm planning her first birthday party as we speak.

You will enjoy every moment.

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 46

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 46

CONGRATULATION! Enjoy every moment

newbieinGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbieinGA Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 46

CONGRATULATIONS!! How wonderful and exciting! I have a 9 month month old son and a almost 6 year old daughter! They both are so precious.

I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy. Eat well and take care of yourself. And I agree that "What to expect..." book is very good for first time moms!

BTW, I notice that you are in GA. I live in Alpharetta. How about you?

congrats again!

take care
kirti

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:56pm
post #9 of 46

That is wonderful news! I know we have a lot of mommies here that will be willing to help whenever you need it. My prayer for you is that you have an easy pregnancy, a healthy baby and all the cake you can eat!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:56pm
post #10 of 46

Congratulations to you and your hubby! Keep us posted!!! icon_biggrin.gif

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 6:59pm
post #11 of 46

Congratulations!!! There's nothing like becoming a mom!!

I also agree with Kiddiekakes. That is an excellent book. I used it for both of my pregnancies. And when baby comes, buy the next book in the series "What to Expect in the First Year" That was my lifeline!!

Congratulations again, and take good care of yourself! icon_smile.gif

Carriemyvoice Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 7:06pm
post #12 of 46

Thanks so much for all the congratulations. I will definately have to get that book. I have the Mayo clinic book for pregnancy adn the babies first year. I just have not had the chance to read it. I go for my first Doctors visit Friday. I am sure I will be calling on all of you mom's for advise. I will keep everyone posted.

NewbieinGA, I am from Rome.

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 7:34pm
post #13 of 46

Congratulations. Motherhood has been the most fullfilling time of my life. I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old, and I agree about the "What to Expect" books...I have the "...When Expecting", "...The First Year", and "...The Toddler Years". I must say that they are very good books, even though I do not believe that any book can prepare you for having a two year old icon_wink.gif Some of the things my son does... icon_surprised.gif

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 7:37pm
post #14 of 46

Congratulations!

I would highly recommend "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy"...it's great! My friends and I have passed it around many times.

And how nice to find someone else from Rome on here...I am also in Rome!

icon_smile.gif

Which dr are you seeing? (If it's not too personal, of course). Dr. Vick delivered my oldest son, who is almost 6 and Dr. Pickens delivered my youngest, who is 3.

Good luck!

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 7:38pm
post #15 of 46

Congratulations. Motherhood has been the most fullfilling time of my life. I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old, and I agree about the "What to Expect" books...I have the "...When Expecting", "...The First Year", and "...The Toddler Years". I must say that they are very good books, even though I do not believe that any book can prepare you for having a two year old icon_wink.gif Some of the things my son does... icon_surprised.gif

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 7:58pm
post #16 of 46

Congratulations and take care of your self . it's been a long time sence i had a baby.my son is 18 years old sometimes i wish i had a little girl. keep us up dated.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:26pm
post #17 of 46

Congratulations!
I have a little one myself. He just turned 3. At the time that I got pregnant my baby was already 9. So having Brian was a whole new world. But let me tell you, I would do it all over again. I have 4 children of my own and I am raising my niece, my nephew and who ever needs a home. I would have it no other way!! Children are our future. Keep them coming and keep them baking!!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif
Have fun and god bless!!! thumbs_up.gif
Someone mention planning a party. It is sooooooo much fun planning a party. Although for some reason I get picked to plan every party I have been to. Wonder if I will ever JUST get invited?? icon_confused.gif
hm. oh well good luck with the party!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:33pm
post #18 of 46

Congratulations...looks like you will be making your own baby shower cake huh?

Carriemyvoice Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:38pm
post #19 of 46

chixbaby27: I am seeing Dr. Peek and Polly his midwife. I prefer a midwife over the Doc. My sister has had 4 and one on the way. She has used a midwife with everyone and would do it no other way. They just take more time and stay with you through it all.

I hope I don't have to make my own cake. My shower will be in Dalton about an hour away. There is a great cake lady there.

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:39pm
post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

Congratulations...looks like you will be making your own baby shower cake huh?

WOO HOOO!!! CONGRATS!! THATS AWESOME!!
I HAVE 3 BOYS.. GONNA GO FOR THE 4TH OVER THE SUMMER!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 9:17pm
post #21 of 46

~~~~~~~~~CONGRATULATIONS~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a 15 year old daughter & a 17 year old son who will be 18 in May~ Oh, boy has it been an exciting 18 years!!!!!! Never a dull moment in our house!!!!! icon_lol.gif I wouldn't have had it any other way!! thumbs_up.gif They bring lots of happiness to my life!! I actually would like another child but then I would have to start all over... don't want to do that!! Plus DH has been fixed. (Everyone's laughing their butts off now!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ) Now I have to tell you a story...

When my son was about 6 yrs old. Our family had a huge family reunion. One of my aunts asked him if he would like another brother or sister... He said yes.. but Daddy is "fixed" so Mommy can't have any more babies!!!!!!!! shhh.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Sounds like something from Family Circle comic doesn't it? Later my aunt came up to me & told me the story!! I think my son was the talk of the reunion! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I guess he heard me & my hubby talking about it. That's the only way he could have come up with that!!

Kids say the darndest things!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Sending Blessings for you, hubby & baby-to-be,
~TC~

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 9:22pm
post #22 of 46

Congratulations! Becoming a mother is the greatest blessing a woman can have. I wish you all the best!

Melissa

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 2:20am
post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixbaby27

Congratulations!

I would highly recommend "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy"...it's great! My friends and I have passed it around many times.

Good luck!

I would like to 2nd this recomendation!

the "What to Expect" series, while full of valuable info, can make one feel quite inadequate (especially the "Best Odds Diet" and ESPECIALLY the one for toddlers....yeah - I'm sure my 2 year old will have no problem if I sprinkle a little wheat germ on his broccoli - as if he would ever eat either ONE of them <grin>icon_wink.gif

The "Girlfriends Guide" series (pregnancy, the first year, toddlers) will provide some much needed levity AND some "real life" advice!

Mindi (mom of 2 youngin's)

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 6:51am
post #24 of 46

Congratulations! There is nothing like becoming a mom, especially the first time, it is such an adventure!

The only thing that comes close is becoming a Grandmother, that is an adventure in itself, my grandson is almost 9, and never ceases to amaze me!

Enjoy every minute, take lots of pictures, and keep us posted! Janice

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:19pm
post #25 of 46

I saw Polly several times during my pregnancies...I like her a whole lot! I always wanted to be a midwife...or at least a doula, but never got around to training for it.

Anyway, again, Congratulations!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:47pm
post #26 of 46

Yes, take lots of pictures so that you can treasure the past in the future. I would also recommend buying a decent priced digital camera with at least a 3.0 megapixel rating on it. You will save money.
I have a Sony PC50, and that thing has payed for itself a dozen times over in developing fees. It's great because you take all your pics, burn them onto a cd and then give that to the grandparents, and if the grandparents live close by, you can just keep adding to the cd.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:57pm
post #27 of 46

Congratulations! Get ready for the time of your life! My "baby" is going to be 9 next month. They grow very quickly!

Get your husband the book "What to Expect When Your Wife's Expanding" too! It helps "them" understand in a humorous way. My husband and I enjoyed it.

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 3:31pm
post #28 of 46

Congrats to all 3 of you or should I say 2.2 for right now!! icon_biggrin.gif My daughter just turned 2 icon_cry.gif Beleive everything you hear about the terrible twos! BUT! She is still the greatest daughter in the world. (and no, I'm not biased icon_razz.gif )

If your anything like us, from the time you found out your expecting to delivery took FOREVER. Afterward, the time flies by way too fast!!

Joe

p.s. now you have another reason to do cakes!! thumbs_up.gif

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 4:03pm
post #29 of 46

Carrie,

Congratulations!!! As a mother of twin girls, I wish you to be blessed twice too.....it's the greatest. My girls are now two, and never cease to amaze me thumbs_up.gif

I wish you the best,

Denise

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 5:22pm
post #30 of 46

Congratulations! The best thing about having a child is: When the baby is born - you are going to experience a TOTALLY NEW form of love. It is immeasurable. It will be a warmth in your heart that you've never experienced before and your going to be amazed that you can feel this type of love. I had my baby late in life and wish I could have 5 more (but I'm thankful for the one angel I do have). Hold on for the ride of your life - it's going to be a great one! Best of luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%