Buttercream Balloons Gone Wrong

Decorating By bunzie Updated 29 Jan 2006 , 2:31am by bunzie

bunzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunzie Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 1:20am
post #1 of 5

I tried to make icing balloons this past week, lets just say I was less than pleased with my results! icon_sad.gif Any tips?

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5

How big?

bunzie Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 1:32am
post #3 of 5

My balloons were only about approx. 2 in length by maybe one inch wide I was a little leary as this was my first time trying. My sister kept saying that they were cute but that usually means they're not great but they're not totally awful!

tootsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsa Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5

I learned how to make balloons from someone who has been doing this for 14 years and I love them!! icon_biggrin.gif

Use an icing bag fitted with just a coupler. Hold the tip of the bag about a quarter of an inch from the top of the cake and squeeze. You'll make a big ball, Lift your bag away from your cake as you squeeze, as you'll need room for the icing and the ball to form. As you release the pressure of your squeeze, make a downward motion to get the little point that would be the end of the balloon.

You'll get big fat fun balloons...if I am even close to explaining it so that you can understand!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bunzie Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 2:31am
post #5 of 5

thanks a bunch I just never would have thought about using a bag and coupler. I use a #12 Wilton tip last time. I can't wait to try this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%