Does Your Car Have A Name?

Lounge By BritBB Updated 7 Feb 2006 , 7:47pm by gilson6

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 23

My current car doesn't, but my very first car did. She was called Gladys. She was a black Ford with a pink elephant on the driver's door. Could tell you a tale about when she got stolen, but it's toooooo long! icon_rolleyes.gif

22 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 12:56am
post #2 of 23

My car doesn' have a name now, but when I was a teenager, I drove a blazer named Betsy!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 2:11am
post #3 of 23

I used to have a olds my DH bought at an auction. He took forever to scrape the number off the corner of the window. By the time he got around to it I had already gotten in the habit of calling the car #7. Never did break the habit.
Also used to drive a schoolbus I nicknamed Buster.
Buster and Ol' #7 have both gone on to that big junkyard above. May they rest in pieces.

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 2:40am
post #4 of 23

Our names for our cars were pretty lame. We had a red Cavalier we called "Red". icon_rolleyes.gif And we had a green RAV 4 we called "the Green Bomb".

Other than that, we really didn't name our cars...

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 4:03am
post #5 of 23

My first car was named Betsy...my new car "Annie"

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 6:33am
post #6 of 23

My old Datsun wagon was named Jezebel. My present car is an emerald green Altima Nissan named Cricket.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 11:31am
post #7 of 23

No--it's a good thing too--I can't even keep my kids names straight.

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 23

I drive a Chevy Aveo aptly named "little butt". The thing is so tiny that I've actually lost it behind bigger cars and suvs in parking lots. We have on-street meter parking at work and I had a major panic attack one day last summer thinking that it had been towed when I couldn't see it as I was walking down the sidewalk to where I had parked it that morning. Turns out, it was hiding behind a Jeep Grand Cherokee! I'm pretty sure little butt was laughing at me!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 23

current one is self-named "Petey" aka PT the cruiser.

had a friend who had one named "Delilah" ....it would only easily and willingly start for men!

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 23

Doug, my old wagon Jezebel must've been related to your friends Deliah, she would only run smoothly for men too! She would start up for anyone but act up when women drove her.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 7:32pm
post #11 of 23

We don't name ours but mine has the same thing about starting for men. We are having a very warm winter for the area and for me to get my car to start it has to be plugged in but my mechanic husband can get it started every time icon_mad.gif .

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 7:40pm
post #12 of 23

My hubby and I don't name our cars. However, my hubby's brother nicknamed one of my hubby's vehicles. He had a Red Jeep Wrangler. His brother called it "Little Red Rocking Horse". Used to make my hubby sooooooo mad!!! LOL

Lazy_Susan icon_wink.gif

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 1:36am
post #13 of 23

I don't name mine, but my sister does. Her first car (a piece of junk) was "Sweet Laverne" her new grand am is "Lafawnda" she was going to name it Uncle Rico but thought that would be too gross for her friends to ride in.

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 5:32am
post #14 of 23

I always name my vehicles;

1. Black Pinto called BLACK BOMB my older boys bought a large winder like on a music box only this one was 2 feet long from a joke shop and glued it to the roof so it looked like a wind up toy car. that darn thing stayed on the roof of my car for 2 years, got lots of looks, laughs and comments on it.

2. Pontiac 6000 called Mr. Class was the first reasonable new car for me.

3. Red Caravan called Riot Mobile, gave me the room to carry my boy's whole teams to games definately riots in it.

4. LTD Wagon called Freddy my son named it, he considered it a friend (he was a toddler at the time) when we delivered it to the wreckers when its time was up we wrote a letter asking them not to squish him but to use his parts to save other cars lives this was a very emotional situation for us as this was my freedom car when I left my husband.

5. Horizon called Herbie also named by my young son. He had just seen the movies of the Love Bug.

6. Citation called GOPHER because he was good for going for things.

7. Nova called SEEMORE because we could go and see more in him.

8. Cougar called SUREMAN, sure man we are going to start, sure man we are going to have heat etc.

9. Mazda truck called Little Truck Little Truck (2 seater) named by my grandaughter.

My vehicles are always male so I can feel comfortable yelling at them and riding them...... !!!!!!!

Alien_Sunset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alien_Sunset Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 2:45pm
post #15 of 23

my old car was a mercury topaz. never really had a name. but now a days whenever we talk about her it 'the mercury'

last year I got a new (to me) chevy Malibu. my boyfriend lovingly named her Stacy, (I think he secretly wanted to play with dolls as a child.)

saas74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saas74 Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 11:28pm
post #16 of 23

nothing now but
--in college named my friend's k-car the silver bullet and my other friend's car cherry jubilee (just had to bum rides)

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 3:37am
post #17 of 23

This is so cool. I too have always named my cars.
1970 something Dodge Magnum was "the brander" the metal rivets on the seats branded our legs every summer.
Who knows what year, purple Nova was "The loser" it had a hole in the floorboard where I lost many things icon_lol.gif
Toyota MR2 was "mr. magoo" Not sure where this one came from.
Toyota Camery was "coyote" because my daughter couldn't sayCamery right, it came out coyote.
my current car, Mini Copper is "the moocher" Like mini the moocher, but the personal plate says mini me, because moocher was taken? Who would've thought, moocher would be taken?
Oh yeah late entry, I hade a Mercury Sable @ some point in mid 90's, my daughter names the Hoopty icon_confused.gif Not sure why, but fit it well I think.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:20am
post #18 of 23

Not this one....but my first car was a 1973 yellow VW Bug....and it's name was Hum. Hum-Bug...... LOL!

(I guess you had to be there.....)

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 3:00am
post #19 of 23

I was just given the coolest car! A 1962 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limosuine! It's black, 20 ft long and holds 9 passengers. A real boat! Guess I'll need a name now...any ideas?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:04am
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoov

Not this one....but my first car was a 1973 yellow VW Bug....and it's name was Hum. Hum-Bug...... LOL!

(I guess you had to be there.....)

oh, my -- that was my second car! ....and of course all my friends called it the banana bug.

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 5:55pm
post #21 of 23

My first car, which was a silver Plymouth Horizon, was called Silver Bullet". Who knew a Plymouth Horizon could actually go fast (at least I thought it was fast being first time driver!). Didn't name my second car, although my step-daughter always refers to it as "you know, that silver car you had that you said was blue". She swears it was silver when it was actually steel blue. I call my current vehicle Gertie sometimes. It's a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder with nearly 200,000 miles and it doesn't have that get-up-and-go anymore. It's still a great vehicle though. I'd recommend Nissan to anyone who wants a car that will last a long time.

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 7:40pm
post #22 of 23

My first car was a Subaru legacy wagon named Bruice. He was named by my best friend who also named our other friend's car. She got "Bruice" by taking "Subaru" spliting it into "Su" and "Baru" and swithching the silables. I know, it doesn't really make sence. Our friend's car was Rupert (namedd ion the same wierd menthod. It was Truper.)
My current car is named Nadia. She's a Hyundi Accent.
I love naming cars! I think they run better if you talk to them too! lol! icon_razz.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 7:47pm
post #23 of 23

We have a Astrovan which I affectionately call the "MOM MOBILE". My nephew has decided that when I die -- it will be his. That's all he wants in my will!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%