How Much Notice For Cancellations And Final #of Servings?

Business By rainamehta Updated 31 Jan 2006 , 5:19pm by rainamehta

rainamehta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainamehta Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there -- I"m trying to draw up my contract which is based on the one of Earlene's site. How much notice do you require for the final balance of payment, final number of servings and for a full refund for cancellation. I am toying with 2 weeks but like to hear how others operate. Thanks!!

4 replies
bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 5

I say that everything has to be finalized and paid in full 3 weeks before the date. I just have a line for the refund part that it depends on the work and time put into and the supplies bought as to the amount of the refund, if any. The thing about it is that after a certain point.. I'd say a month beforee a date, you pretty much will not be able to fill that date again if they cancel. Just something to think about. icon_smile.gif

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 5

I ask for 1/3 down that is non refundable

The balance is to be paid 1 month in advance.... If they cancel before 30 days I will refund all but the 1/3 deposit... There is no way I can rebook the date.

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 5

Oh... servings The cake is pretty well set in stone when they order it but if they want to add a kitchen cake for more servings a week or two notice is fine

rainamehta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainamehta Posted 31 Jan 2006 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the responses!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%