Ideas With Pics Needed! Snowflake Wedding Cake........

Decorating By Kathee Updated 28 Jan 2006 , 5:31am by antonia74

Kathee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathee Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 7

I need a picture/idea for a wedding cake for next January (2007) the cake has to have snowflakes.........she didn't like the Wilton one. (available at wilton.com) Any help would be great! I am SOO desperate....she wants some ideas like........yesterday! I am just soo stumped!

Kathee

6 replies
slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 7

Go to the photo galleries here, and search for SNOWFLAKE.

There are lots of beautiful snowflake wedding cakes, as well as others for ideas!

Laura.

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 7

Oh I seen this beautiful cake done up for display in our cake supplies shop last week, was a christmas wedding cake, but you might be able to adapt it.

It was basically a cake built into a cone shape about 1 metre tall and it was covered with circular layers of white chocolate deep frills narrowing up to the top. There were tiny red and gold baubles hanging here and there on it (fondant and disco sparkles) but you could hang mini snowflakes instead.

It just looked so elegant and pretty it made my mind up that I want to learn a wee bit of chocolatiering by the end of 2006!

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 7

If you go look in my photo album you will see one I just did a few weeks ago. Mine was not an original...I adapted it from a photo the bride found on the net (I do not know who to give credit to!)

But the snowflakes were made out of royal icing and as you'll see the bride supplied white christmas balls and a snowflake tree topper that served as a cake topper. It was a fun cake to do.

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 7

hmmm, i kind of liked the wilton one, if it's the one i'm thinking of. i saw one wher there were royal icing snowflakes on sticks, which were pushed into the cake. is that the wilton one? anyway, i guess that's an idea.

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Search Snowflake and look at 2nd row last on right. It is done by heavenlycake. I love it, and in fact I told my girlfriend about it and she is getting something similar done for her wedding in 2 weeks.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 5:31am
post #7 of 7

I just delivered a Snowflake cake tonight. I'll post it right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%