Can't Think, Not Feeling Well...ideas?

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 7 Apr 2005 , 1:06pm by m0use

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 7:46am
post #1 of 9

First off! I'm Bored and need a slap around to wake me up. I really hate being sick....for some reason I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, this morning my throat still hurts but not as much, but now I am so stuffed up!! Anyway, I wanted to make a cake today just because but I dont feel like it, but had to start planning my next cake for a neighbors twin daughters. She wants Disney Princess' or a castle cake for the 16th. So I am trying to plan which I think I could do..... She only wants a one layer 9x13. So I was thinking make a small castle and put it on top of the cake, and if I cant find small DPrincess' toys try a bc glaze transfer??? Trying to incorporate everything shouldnt be hard, but for a creative block, and being sick, its tremendously hard....

8 replies
SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 9:39am
post #2 of 9

I can't say I'm going to be much help, but I just can't wait to make my daughter a little princess cake! How stinkin' cute is that. After power rangers, spongebob, and winnie the pooh (for my son) I can't think of anything cuter than a little princess cake. If I was really good, I would make a fondant cake that looked like a pillow with a glass slipper on top. I can see it in my brain, and it is super cute. Maybe I'll try that someday. Anyway, good luck. I hope you get some good ideas.

SARAH icon_lol.gif

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:39am
post #3 of 9

Hi. So sad you got sick.
There is good ideas you have there.
I belive you can pull this of very vell. Waiting to see the cake. icon_smile.gif
The idea of SaraJane is also cute.
Get well soon....

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:51am
post #4 of 9

Hi Flavourdfun (don't know your name, sorry) I am sorry you don't feel well, but it sounds like you could use a hug instead of a slap, so here comes a hug for you! thumbs_up.gif

For your cake maybe you can make an ice cream cone castle (not too big)and put a princess.gif in the highest turret, and do the sheet cake with a moat, etc. around the castle. Janice

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 12:35pm
post #5 of 9

Flayv...you get yourself a nap and a hot cup of tea with a lil honey in it. You'll be feeling better in no time. For your cake, would she go for a CCC. In the gallery is a CCC that is layed out like a cloud and on top is a BCT of a castle. It was really cute and I think would look good with a princess castle on it.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 3:44am
post #6 of 9

Flav~~~~

All you have to do is eat some German chocolate!!! The chocolate you sent me was mmmmmmmmm good!!!!!! So eat some chocolate & a cup of coffee or tea. I drank tea with the choc you sent me!!!
THANK YOU!! It made me feel better!!! Of course made me gain weight too but it was worth it!!!

Hugs & More Hugs, ~TC~

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 5:57am
post #7 of 9

Hi, I just found a place with lots of cake ideas, including a Princess party ideas and a castle cake.
Go to:
http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birthday/feature/famf1001_princessbday/

(if I knew how to make a link I would, but I don't, so just copy and past into your address line.)

This is a Disney website, you can sign up for Family Fun emails, that's how I found these cakes. There are all kinds of ideas for cakes here, but the princess cake castle was pretty good. Here's a picture.

I'm printing some of them, and putting them into a notebook for reference later on! Janice
LL

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 9:20am
post #8 of 9

Yeah, I'd say just do a BCT or a piping gel transfer on the sheet cake and then fill it in with the stars. Don't make it too complicated if you're not feeling well, hon.

~AngelWendy

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:06pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

(if I knew how to make a link I would, but I don't, so just copy and past into your address line.)

Janice- you did it!
If you take your cursor and move it over the address line that you put into your post, you'll notice that your arrow turns into a hand. You can click on the link then and it will open up in a separate window.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%