Just Got My Cookie Batter Made - Need Help Fast

Baking By sabbrina Updated 26 Jan 2006 , 8:09pm by Cakeman66

sabbrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabbrina Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone icon_smile.gif

I just made my No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe Batter. I went to get my wax paper to use so I can roll it out without the mess. Before I put my dough on the wax paper, I checked the recipe again and it says to use PARCHMENT PAPER .. not wax paper. UGH! I don't have parchment paper.

Can I use wax paper instead? If I do, do I need to do anything special to the wax paper (like spray with pam) or can I just use it as is?

Please help this first time cookie baker ... lol

Thanks,
Sabbrina

6 replies
awall96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awall96 Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 7

I use wax paper to roll out my cookies without mess, and it works great. But I'm not sure you can bake on it (cookies come off clean if you bake on parchment).

sabbrina Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 7

awall96 -

Thanks for the quick reply. I just wanted to use it to roll the dough out. I did not want to use it to bake on, as I wil try using my pizza baking stone to bake the cookies on. So I guess I am okay (hehe).

Thank You so much!!
Sabbrina

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 7

icon_smile.gif Wax paper ok to roll out..but NOT to bake..was will melt and stick to cookies...use a Silpat Mat for baking, they will just slide off ...

icon_smile.gif

sabbrina Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Mahal -

I keep saying I am going to buy one of those (or 2 or 3 of those.. hehe) Silicone Mats, but i never do. They are expensive, but I know that they are worth the money.

I am making Valentine Bouquet Rose Cookies for my husbands friends to purchase for thier wifes and sweetheats for Valentines Day. I think I will take whatever profit I make and use it to buy myself a few of those mats icon_smile.gif

Sabbrina

princessjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessjellybean Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 7

silpat is worth every penny...i have two...would like to get more though...nothing but good things to say about silpat.

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 7

EVERY kitchen should have parchment paper in it, if you are serious about baking. Most grocery stores carry it now.

I don't roll with parchment paper, but with wax paper, yes.

Though silpats are very good, they are too expensive for the people who don't cook everyday. With parchment paper you can re-use it for the whole time you are making cookies, then just throw it in the recycle bin or whatever. Nothing to wash.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%