What To Do With Cakes?

Decorating By dyanmaine Updated 25 Jan 2006 , 3:57pm by mikaza

dyanmaine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyanmaine Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 12

I wanted to find out, does anyone now what you can do with the cakes after you made them? I dont really want to throw them away and My family doesn't eat alot of cake. Any suggestions to what I can do with them after they are decorated?

11 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 12

How about donating them to a Non-profit organization, Rehab, Children's home, GoodWill, Salvation Army, etc. Give them as a "thank you" to teachers, bus drivers, doctor's office, mailman, neighbors, or anyone that helps you. Include your card and use it as advertising!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 12

You could also take them to a nursing home as the elderly people just love getting extra treats.

chixbaby27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chixbaby27 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 12

I take mine to the fire stations in the area. They always love treats like that!

princessjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessjellybean Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 12

I gave all my wilton course cakes to my husband to take to his coworkers...he works at the zoo, they work really hard and enjoyed the treat! you could use cake dummies to practice on also.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 12

Homeless shelters are also a good place to donate.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 12

OH my.. Katrina victims shelter.. (if any in your area) Everyone deserves something sweet!

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 3:18pm
post #8 of 12

Those are all good ideas. I've often wondered also what to do with them when I'm done practicing.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 3:31pm
post #9 of 12

My husband is a mechanic at a small GM dealer. There aren't many guys there but they go through food like you won't believe. I also take cakes to school, my eldest is in the first grade. There are 18 kids and two teachers so they finish them off quickly and the kids love it.
We hardly ever finish a cake at home but my 3 year old makes me make him one if his brother gets one at school so I do throw a lot out.

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 3:40pm
post #10 of 12

give Them Away....to anyone! It's also great advertising!
I sent a couple to my husbands work, and already have 4 orders from them! show them the cakes, and they will Order!!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 3:47pm
post #11 of 12

Take one with you to an appointment. I have worked in several vet hospitals and never once has someone dropped by with something that it wasn't instantly eaten. You usually will get discounts or small special favors from the staff too. Not to mention the repeat business after they taste one of your cakes. And they don't care what occasion it was for either-A baby shower cake taste as good as a anniversary cake does.

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 3:57pm
post #12 of 12

I'm in law school...so I usually bring them in, either for classes, or for the admin staff. I am positive it helped the dean break a few rules for me to switch a final exam in order to attend a wedding!!!

I love the idea of taking it to a firehouse or non-proft...I think I'll do that next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%