I Love This Site!

Lounge By beanyhunter Updated 26 Jan 2006 , 12:06am by irisinbloom

beanyhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beanyhunter Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 5:48am
post #1 of 10

I have been making cakes for my children's birthdays for awhile now, okay the oldest will be 10 this April. It is an "obsession" to make their day as special as possible. I like to think that I have gotten better over the years and creative in carrying their themes out.

Each year, several months before the special days, I start looking for ideas and supplies for the new theme. This year I found this site! I am soo excited to be able to gleen great ideas from a cake decorating community. I am totally thrilled to be able to see tons of new cakes posted each and every day. Thanks for all the inspiration.

I have posted the 6 cakes that I had on digital, but would love to figure out how to get the film pictures posted too. (There are 14 other cakes I could post.)

Does anyone know when this site was started? My other questen is where is this site based out of? (It is 7 hours behind my time here in Colorado.)

Thanks again for this great site!!!
Becky

9 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 6:17am
post #2 of 10

Welcome to Cake Central !

Actually we are based out of Seattle. The reason you think we are 7 hours different from you in Colorado is that you need to go into your profile settings and adjust your time zone to your time.

To answer your other question, Cake Central was started about a year and a half ago by Jackie. You have found the most fantastic community of kind and supportive people on the internet.

Hope you enjoy your stay thumbs_up.gif

beanyhunter Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 6:41am
post #3 of 10

Thanks,
I will reset my profile, just have to figure out the abbreviations.
Becky

ps Yeah I did it. Never thought setting a clock would be so thrilling.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 11:18am
post #4 of 10

Welcome! This is a truly wonderful site filled with great ideas and creativity and support!

You can scan your other photos.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 10

Welcome Becky! icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 10

Welcome Becky!! You will learn any & everything here on CC!! I've been a member a year & love it! I have learned so many techiniques & have met so many wonderful people here on CC & also in person. What a great group of people here! I'm so happy to call them FRIENDS!!

Happy Baking! Don't feel silly to ask questions & also answer questions! Just jump on in~

cheftaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftaz Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 10

Welcome to the family Becky. Careful because this site is extremely addicting. Great site and wonderful people always trying to help each other. Enjoy it

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 9:10pm
post #8 of 10

It IS a great site. Someone recommended it to me and I thought I would be on here every now and then but it's more like every day now. SO much info, the tutorials are great and everyone is so helpful!

beanyhunter Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 11:48pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you all for the great welcome. I am sure I will enjoy it here.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 12:06am
post #10 of 10

Becky welcome to CC, you have just found your second home. So glad you joined our family and I just know you'll love it here, so many many wonderful peopleicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%