Batman Car 3-D Cake

Decorating By curiegas Updated 27 Sep 2013 , 1:56am by KeioshaFrank30

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 7:30am
post #1 of 11

Has anyone done a Batman Car cake? I thought I saw it somewhere but I forgot where. I am thinking maybe the 3-D cruiser pan and add fondant pieces for the "wings." Would it be better to just sculpt the entire cake out of a larger cake?

Hers is a picture of the car.

Thanks,
Cecilia
LL

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 11

I,too am doing a 3D Batmobile for my son's 5th birthday in May.I bought the 3D Nascar kit and I am going to carve the batmobile.I have my son's right here to do the details although I am not going to cover it in fondant as I don't like fondant.I am going to make the fins out of royal icing.

curiegas Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 1:45am
post #3 of 11

Hi Kiddiekakes. What does the 3D Nascar kit include? Where did you find it?

Thanks for all the help

Cecilia

Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 11

It is the nascar cake kits shown here.The pan is reusable and is the perfect shape for a batmobile.

http://www.sportcakes.com/products.asp?id=36

Laurel icon_smile.gif

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 11

I was looking at Cinda's Creative Cakes and found this one. Heavens, she does some wonderful work!
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 11

That's how I sort of plan to do mine!!!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 11

I was able to purchase only the pan without the decals for around 12.00. I used mine when I made a 3-D corvette. I think that pan would work good for a batmobile. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 28 Jan 2006 , 12:53am
post #8 of 11

I have done one but didn't have the nascar pan so I used two loaf pans and carved away. I wasn't real please with it but the customer was.
LL

curiegas Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 2:17am
post #9 of 11

Traci - - Where did you purchase the pan? I think that is the way I would love to go. I'm not experienced with sculpted cakes, but if nothing else carving away I go.

AlamoSweets - - - I think your cake is cute. If you don't mind can you tell me how you carved it.

Thanks,
Cecilia

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 29 Jan 2006 , 2:51am
post #10 of 11

The cake were pound cakes cooked in a loaf pan. The windshield was there due to filling the pan a little too much and making a hill. I just looked at a picture as I wittled away little by little. Since it was pound it stood up to the moving. Try it. It is amazing what we can do when we have to.

Good luck. icon_smile.gif

KeioshaFrank30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeioshaFrank30 Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 1:56am
post #11 of 11

Hi my name is Keiosha and I am so interested in getting this Batman cake for my son for his birthday, it is on 10/12/2013 and I've never seen something like this. And I now it would blow his mind out of this world is name is Marshawn Harris and his going to be 4 years old and I would like to put a smile on his face

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%