Please Share Your Favorite Cookie Dough Recipe + Cookie ??'s

Baking By sabbrina Updated 22 Jan 2006 , 8:20pm by sabbrina

sabbrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabbrina Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone icon_smile.gif

I want to make some "Royal Icing" Decorated Cookies for my church and was wondering what YOUR favorite cookie dough recipe is.

I have never made decorated cookies before and I really want them to be good so that I can maybe get some orders in the future.

Also ... is there anyone out there that does Cookie Bouquets? I would love to get into that and any advice would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
sabbrina

6 replies
hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 7

There is a tutorial on here with some great advice. I use the no fail cookie recipe.

mikaza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikaza Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 7

Well, I dont have a 'favorite'--I almost never make sugar type cookies. But I did make the "no-fail sugar cookie" recipe from this site last week--only instead of using 2 cups of sugar, I used 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup splenda, and 1/2 splenda brown sugar blend...and they were EXCELLENT!

Great consistency for rolling, the held their shapes when cut perfectly, and were crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, just like I like em!

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 7

I absolutely LOVE Butter Cookies!!! If you want the recipe I can give it to you icon_smile.gif

Lazy_Susan icon_wink.gif

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 7

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made them last week for baseball cookies that I did: The dough is very soft and rolls out quite nice..it helps if you put it between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper to roll out

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

chill the dough for 2 hours

hope this helps

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 7

If you look back in the cookie section just before Christmas , There is a thread called cookie exchange or something like that anyway you'll find what I think are The Best of The Best '

sabbrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabbrina Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions.

ge978 - I will definatley be trying that cookie recipe. Thank You for posting it.

hamie - Thanks for letting me know about that tutorial. I have looked it over and it will be LOADS of help.

mikaza - Thanks for the tips about the "no fail sugar cookie" recipe. I am going to try making them with splenda half and half I think for my father who is a diabetic.

Lazy_Susan - I would love your butter cookie recipe. Butter cookies sound sooooo good right now. Yummy LOL

maxiecakes - Thanks you so much for the tip about the messages posted back during Christmas. I will most certainly check them out icon_smile.gif

Sabbrina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%