Lingerie Cake

Decorating By jscakes Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 2:50am by ginger6361

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:47am
post #1 of 17

icon_surprised.gif I need some information about a cake that was seen on the Wilton web site in the discussion forum. This cake was a round cake with fondant made lingerie on the top. The color was a shiny-irredescent mauve I believe, it was a 2 piece bra and panty with stamping/cutouts that looked lacey and very pretty actually.
If someone remembers that cake, or has ideas of a similar cake I would apprecicate having the information.
I am asking for someone who has asked me for information on a cake such as this for a lingerie party they are having. I haven't made a cake like this, but it does sound like fun! icon_wink.gif
I appreciate any help with this.
Joann

16 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 6:27am
post #2 of 17

Hi, there's a photo of a bra here in the Gallery under Uncategorized, Other, on page 2.

Might help a little. I think I saw the Wilton one, but don't know when or where.
I did a Google image search and found:
Lingerie cakes: www.thecakefairy.co.uk

bra cakes: www.theicingonthecake.com
www.sweetconfectionspa.com
and www.sugarcreations.com
each has lingerie cake photos. Looks like if you have the Wilton teeny bikini or the pretty lady pan it would help, but not necessary. Janice

Kam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kam Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 6:55am
post #3 of 17

I actually read some instructions for the bra one. The person used slurpee lids to mold the cups of the bra. To get the lacey look you would want to buy a fondant press/mold in a lace pattern you like and then use luster dust to "paint" it. If I come across the website with instructions, I'll post it. Good luck, Kam

jscakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 7:45am
post #4 of 17

I thank you very much for the links and suggestions. I will pass the information along.
Joann

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 17

I have one posted on this website..it's not the greatest but it's still cute! I used the mini-egg pan to mold the bra and then applied fondant embellishments, brushed with luster dust!

jscakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 5:32am
post #6 of 17

MrsMissey: I can't find it, I've searched the galleries and I'd like to see it. Thanks

MrsMissey Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 17

Right below this message ( and all posted messages), you will find links..just click on "photos" and it will take you right to my cake photos!

veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:15pm
post #8 of 17

I'm just learning all kinds of things this morning, like the link to photos, profile, etc., sure makes it easier! Earlier today, I finally discovered this quick reply box, much quicker than the "post reply" method.

I looked at all your photos, and your cakes are all wonderful! Janice

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 17

I have ths photo saved in my files.I think it is what you were talking about.I didn't do this cake but it sure is great!!
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:42pm
post #10 of 17

And another one!!! Again I did not do these cakes but if anyone here did...step up and let us know who is behind these Fantastic Creations!!!
LL

MrsMissey Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 1:53pm
post #11 of 17

..that cake is done by cakesbysam! Isn't it fantastic!

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 2:32pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks Mrs Missey....I knew someone here would know!! icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 2:58pm
post #13 of 17

Those are both fantastic, but I really love the lavender set! I'll add both of them to my "Wish I Could Do That" file. Thanks for the photos. Janice

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 9:55pm
post #14 of 17

I'm learning things too....a quick reply box...too cool! I've been doing things the hard way!!!

jscakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 10:37pm
post #15 of 17

Kiddiekakes: THATS THE ONE! I will send it to the person who is looking for the style. I really like the lavendar bra one, with the roses and the way it's designed, very tasetfull. Hmmm, do you think a lively 75 yr. young woman would like such a cake???
Thank you all so much for all the tips, links, pictures and information.
I too just learned a few things on here...about the photo link on the post...I didn't know you could get to the photos of someone else that way.
You are all great! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 11:38pm
post #16 of 17

Anytime...Glad I could help!!! icon_smile.gif

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #17 of 17

What do you use to shape and pattern the bra? Is it fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%