You Know You're A Cake Deco Addict When:

Decorating By SophieBelle Updated 21 Jul 2007 , 2:51am by mccorda

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 2:11am
post #151 of 290

If a cop was to come through my house they would swear I sell drugs from all of the powder sugar that hides in the knooks and crannies of the kitchen. (no matter how much I scrub and clean I always find some)

you sneeze in technicolor.

People on CC I talk to more than my "normie" friends.

You get insulted if someone doesn't ask for a cake for an event.

Even though you don't have time you are reading all the pages to this thread!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 2:26am
post #152 of 290

You know you're an addict when you spend an hour reading other people's posting about their addiction. icon_lol.gif

theecakelady47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theecakelady47 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 2:41am
post #153 of 290

this has been absolutely halarious...and I relate.
You know youre a cake decorating addict when you hear someone talking in the distance in a store about an upcoming wedding, and kinda mosey nearby, smile, say hello, so a little small talk.. and ask "so, who's doing the wedding cake?"

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 2:46am
post #154 of 290

When you watch a 30 min wedding show just to see the wedding cake... for like 4 secs!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 3:26am
post #155 of 290

... you've inhaled so much powdered sugar making buttercream and mmf that you blow out frosting! icon_redface.gif (sorry, it had to be said...)

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 3:41am
post #156 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

When you watch a 30 min wedding show just to see the wedding cake... for like 4 secs!

And you madly scan through wedding magazines at the grocery store checkout, looking for the 3 or 4 cake pictures.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:01am
post #157 of 290

LOL - I had a cake decorator come up to me at Walmart to ask if I had a cake decorator while I was looking at the wedding magazines. ROFL

Nadya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadya Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:02am
post #158 of 290

When you walk around Home Depot and see a pretty design on a piece of furniture and wish you had a piece of paper and a pen to quickly copy it and try on a cake later, it probably means you are a cake addict. icon_smile.gif

SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:05am
post #159 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsright41401

Oh - you know you are a cake addict when you have a cake planned for your one year anniversary of cake decorating.

Rachel

A cake decorating anniversary cake?! Now that is a serious problem! icon_smile.gif

mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:38am
post #160 of 290

Nadya - I bought a small digital camera for my purse just for this reason. LOL

Rachel

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:12am
post #161 of 290

You choose the state you move to based on their home baking laws.

Now this is my kind of addiction! Count me in on this one!

Sarah

Nadya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadya Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:46am
post #162 of 290
Quote:

Rachel

What a great idea, how come I haven't thought about it. I quess I could use my DH's cell phone camera next time icon_biggrin.gif I wonder if it would be appropriate to stop someone at the store with something pretty on their t-shirt and ask them if I could take a close picture of that icon_redface.gif

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:57am
post #163 of 290

Home baking laws- yep! We have a written list of states we are willing to move to. If home baking is not allowed, the state isn't allowed.

Tamanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamanna Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 8:22am
post #164 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezaly

...when you dream about designs and wake up at 2am to put them down on cake then sneak back to bed. Then your husband wakes you at 7 wondering when the heck you did this?!?! icon_smile.gif (true story)

i have done the same ...... just realised i am a cake deco addict too.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 12:15pm
post #165 of 290

when you wake up at 2 a. m. from a dream about a cake and you go on CC to see if anybody else has done it and is it even possible. OR You'd rather stay home to practice making better tasting cakes then go to Outback with your husband in fear of eating too many of those fried onion thingys in fear of GAINING WEIGHT?????? lol makes no sense. Gotta be a cake addiction

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 1:39pm
post #166 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

Home baking laws- yep! We have a written list of states we are willing to move to. If home baking is not allowed, the state isn't allowed.

I like that one. Where can I go to find that info?

mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 4:55pm
post #167 of 290

Here's another one that I did last night at 2 AM

You don't want to get up to write down a cake idea, so you pick-up your husbands cell phone that's charging next to the bed, dial your cell phone that's charging in the livingroom, and leave yourself a voicemail.

Here's the list that you can use to create a home bakery state list:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-32550.html

Rachel

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:12pm
post #168 of 290
Quote:

Here's another one that I did last night at 2 AM

You don't want to get up to write down a cake idea, so you pick-up your husbands cell phone that's charging next to the bed, dial your cell phone that's charging in the livingroom, and leave yourself a voicemail.

Here's the list that you can use to create a home bakery state list:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-32550.html

Rachel

Thanks Rachel. Oh yeah ,you're definately an addict!!!

mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:14pm
post #169 of 290

You say that like it's a bad thing! icon_wink.gif

Rachel

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:17pm
post #170 of 290

You received flowers last night, and sti here this morning tearing them apart for gumpaste studies.

(Mini carns have at least 25 petals, and 5 points on the green petal wrap, and three layers of green before getting to the actual stem.)

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:30pm
post #171 of 290

....you go to work when you are actually sick so you can save your sick days for when you need to make a cake.

mdutcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdutcher Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:35pm
post #172 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieBelle

You repair nailholes in your walls with royal icing.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
OMG!!!!!!!! I am rolling! I painted every single wall and piece of trim in my new 1700 sq ft Ranch, so every single ding in the wall/trim just bugs the crap out of me!!! Can't wait to make cookies!! icon_wink.gif
...........Gotta read the rest of this thread! icon_biggrin.gif

mdutcher Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:38pm
post #173 of 290

You pay $7 for dessert at a restaurant and after the second bite, you think "mine's so much better"!!! and grin pleasingly while you eat the rest!!! (yup! did this 3 days ago)icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 5:48pm
post #174 of 290
Quote:

This doesn't make you an addict... this makes you a GENIUS!! (Albeit a lazy one! Hehehe!) icon_lol.gif

mdutcher Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:17pm
post #175 of 290

Whew! Read all 12 pages!!!
Got 2 more:

...Your 8 year old son asks for an army tank cake with sparklers and shoots bottle rockets out the top.....and knows you'll do it.......then afterwords, asks if next year we can blow up the whole cake.......and knows you'll do it!! (will download pic after I get a copy from grampa's camera)

...You show up at a friend's house for dinner with no dessert and you see them actually frown in disappointment! You explain you were painting all day, and they ask when your next "practice" cake will be!

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:36pm
post #176 of 290

You can't wait for your parents, whom you work for, to go out on an errand, job or lunch so you can log on to CC to see new ideas and read this post !!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:20pm
post #177 of 290

You get excited when you see a new member and they have that little "www" button so you can look at even more cakes icon_razz.gif

mrsright41401 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 9:03pm
post #178 of 290

LOL - thanks Melvira!

I thought it was pretty smart too. now I have to make the cake... which will have to wait til after the move. So I saved the message to my inbox.

Rachel

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:00pm
post #179 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadya

Quote:

Rachel

What a great idea, how come I haven't thought about it. I quess I could use my DH's cell phone camera next time icon_biggrin.gif I wonder if it would be appropriate to stop someone at the store with something pretty on their t-shirt and ask them if I could take a close picture of that icon_redface.gif

I sort of did that when I was requested by a college coach to do some volleyball cookies for her. I didn't have any graphics for them and she was wearing a volleyball shirt. I grabbed my camera and took a photo of her shirt....lucky for me she is also a neighbor. I not sure if I would have the guts to stop a complete stranger. I guess it depends on how cool their tee shirt was icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

angkimbrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angkimbrell Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:03pm
post #180 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

oh oh oh when you buy something at the cake store and smugle it in the house like contraband icon_wink.gif

I do that all the time!! I have to bribe the kids with a candy or sodo to distract them!!! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%