Cookies By Design

Business By sofiasmami Updated 18 Jan 2006 , 6:46pm by sofiasmami

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 5

has anyone ever inquired about opening a cookies by design shop? ... I'm trying to get an idea of how much start up cash they require.... I went to their website and they ask for a financial statement before they even send out the info ..... I just want genera info withouth having to go through all that

4 replies
Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 5

No idea, but usually these days, franchises begin at around $50,000 minimum just for the name use. By the time you'd open your doors, you're probably talking $100,000+

I'd say it's cheaper to start your own business and do something similair, but NOT the exact same.

PSLCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PSLCakeLady Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 5

I inquired of Cookies in Bloom...similar concept a few years back. They wanted over 100+. I believe they give you like six weeks training. I called a store owner in another part of town and she said they do very well.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5

I inquired about a Cookies by Design franchise several years ago and then they wanted $150,000 up front, and they told me by the time your doors open it would be about $200,000 out of pocket. Figured it was cheaper to do my own thing!

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 5

200+!!!!???? wow!!! I agree doing your own thing would be cheaper for sure

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%