1St Consultation For A Wedding Cake

Business By Sparklycake Updated 17 Jan 2006 , 4:22pm by Sparklycake

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 10:00am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, just starting out taking orders for paid cakes.

I have someone calling to me to discuss a wedding cake that they would like me to do for them. I have explained that whilst I have experience of cake baking and decorating I am just really starting out business wise and I don't have any wedding cake photo's of my own to show them.

They've given me a picture of the type of cake they want, I know that I can reproduce it no problem. The meeting is to sort out final details and taste some samples, hopefully pay a deposit etc.

How should I play this, what should I do. I feel awkward about the fact that I don't really have any portfolio for them to flick through. I have a sum total of 5 cakes photographed, I never bothered up until a couple of months ago. 3 are royal iced fruitcakes, 1 is a Buttercream Dollcake and the last a fondant two tiered birthday cake.

The cake picture that they've given me is from a website called cakes & co and this is it, the bride would like the colours to be white and raspberry and the cake is to be 12" Fruit, 10" Chocolate Biscuit and 8" Carrot Cake

I've figured out the price on it and I know I will have to set it up on site the morning of the wedding, which I'm a bit nervous about. Not the decorating, but the having to go into the hotel to finish it part.

So help me with my sales technique please.

2 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 3

Check this thread, someone gave an excellent answer. icon_smile.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-14134.html

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks I think thats exactly what I was looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%