Best Way To Attach Fondant Or Candy Melts To Imbc?

Decorating By Price Updated 16 Jan 2006 , 8:09pm by Price

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 2:15am
post #1 of 4

I will soon be making a baby shower cake for a good friend. I have an idea in my head of what I would like the cake to look like. I plan to make a 2 tier cake (size depends on how many people will be invited). This weekend I purchased a flexible mold for stars and moons. I would like to ice the cake with IMBC. I was thinking of using either fondant or candy melts in the mold. What is the best way to attach the stars and moons to the side of the cake? I can just picture sticking a moon on the side of the cake and having it slowly sink to the bottom! lol Can I just push them gently into the icing and expect them to stick, should I put cake in refridgerator and let the icing get hard and then use a little royal icing for glue? How do you normally do it? Any suggestions are appreciated.

3 replies
mazaryk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazaryk Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 2:27am
post #2 of 4

I attached white chocolate cherub molds to sides of cake with bc.. and they stayed put. But, Im sure that the more experienced have a better way.

Also, what does IMBC stand for?
Thanks

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 3:41am
post #3 of 4

it just sticks to room temp Italian Meringue Buttercream. No need to "glue" it with anything. It's not a crusting BC.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 16 Jan 2006 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Antonia. I wasn't sure if the pieces would try to slide down the side of the cake, or if they would stay put! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%