Has Anyone Tried The Garden Cake Stand By Wilton?

Decorating By Chezerai Updated 15 Jan 2006 , 2:31am by Chezerai

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone tried the Garden Cake Stand by Wilton. I am doing a Wedding cake in May(hopefully) and wanted to know about this stand. It is the most attractive one I can see. I also start Cake I at a local community college on Jan.23rd and Cake II in March. So hopefully that will give me some good practice and advice also. One more thing, the bride does not like traditional icing she likes the whipped one like they have in grocery stores(Publix) and I wanted to know do you all have a recipie that would be good with this for decorating a wedding cake.

Be blessed,
Chezerai M.
a.k.a the 16-year old cake decorator icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 6

The 19 yr old cake decorator (me) suggests dream whip frosting. the recipe can be found in the recipe section...it's fluffier than regular BC..i use it for all my cakes now

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 6

I have the Garden style cake stand and it's my favorite. And it's probably a favorite of anybody who has to serve the cake. I may have a picture of it in my album or it might be on my website: www.macscakes.zoomshare.com

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

I have the Garden style cake stand and it's my favorite. And it's probably a favorite of anybody who has to serve the cake. I may have a picture of it in my album or it might be on my website: www.macscakes.zoomshare.com

Me too and I agree, it is sturdy, easy to use, easy to serve from and very pretty and you can fancy up the stand with tulle, silk ivy, all sorts of things. Love it!
Hugs SQuirrelly

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 15 Jan 2006 , 12:16am
post #5 of 6

Chezerai--
I got mine off of Ebay--paid $99.00 for it plus $19.95 shipping or something like that. And it was brand new!

Chezerai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chezerai Posted 15 Jan 2006 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone for the great advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%