March 2007 Cookie Club Theme

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 31 Mar 2007 , 3:07am by darcat

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:07pm
post #151 of 156

I can't post mine - DH found, defrosted and cooked the frozen dough I was saving!

I have told him he owes me some dough... grrr

Zamode, those are some DARK chocolate cookies!
debilou68, I like the chickie, it reminds me of our baby Goldie.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 1:56pm
post #152 of 156

debilou68, Those are adorable! If this was your first time, I'd say you're a natural! How did you do the striped egg? The stripes all look level and smooth. Very beautiful.

Zamode, I love your cookies. My favorite is the second one down on the right. I like how the colors are distinct, but feather together.

Well, back to Passover prep work!

See you later,
Kathi

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 30 Mar 2007 , 2:04pm
post #153 of 156

thanks kathik,,, my daughter actually did the striped one,, she didn't like it, i thought she did a great job..
Zamode,, love those cookies,, with the black/brown cookie they look like rubber stamps,, love the colors,,,
7yyrt,, thanks ,, we'll call him goldie then.,..
Maybe i'll have the "courage" to attempt April cookies now,, thanks

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 1:24am
post #154 of 156

A little late but I love the irish shamrocks, such a clever idea with the flag colors!! And that chicky is adorable!!

Jasmine

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 2:14am
post #155 of 156

Thanks so much everyone--you sure know how to give a Zaxapoaphobic a confidence boost!

Debilou those cookies are adorable! Awfully neat for someone just starting.

Darlene you can substitute some of the flour with cocoa powder. I don't use NFSC anymore but I would think 1/2-1 cup would be okay. I think that is posted on here somewhere.... I also use the Hershey's Special Dark, that is what makes them nearly black.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 31 Mar 2007 , 3:07am
post #156 of 156

tks zamode I dont use nfsc either I found it too crumbly for my liking. When I made my cookies for this month's cookie club the green beer mugs I actually tried a few things totally new for me including a different recipe lol. I found that by rolling them out before cooling the dough works much much better and rolling between wax paper is great then I just cut them out on the paper and put them in the freezer in layers while the oven was heating and I just had to keep swapping out the sheets of cookies onto the cookie sheet to bake. Much much easier all around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%