Cookie Press Recipes

Baking By LaylasMommy Updated 14 Jan 2006 , 3:55pm by gma1956

LaylasMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaylasMommy Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 9

I just got a new electric cookie press for Christmas, and I tried making the butter cookie recipe that came with the press. Everything worked fine, but the cookies just don't taste that great!

I'm looking for some great recipes for cookies that you can use the cookie press for.....

Thanks!!!!

8 replies
mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 9

Look for spritz cookie recipes. I like Nick Malgieri's (I don't have it on me - I'm at work right now!). I'd be happy to PM it to you later.

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 9

I think most spritz cookies tend to be a bit bland. Here's a recipe for swedish butter cookies that you can load into your spritz cookie maker.

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Add maple syrup; mix well.
Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
Divide the dough into eight portions; Roll each portion into a 9-inch log.
Load into the cookie press and make cookies.

Bake at about 300F until lightly browned. (10-12 mins)

You can also add some almond extract (1tsp)

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 9

I have an excellent recipe that uses a cake mix as the base ingredient. I am not at home so I will have to post it later. But I will post it.

I have tried it with all different flavors of cake mixes and it is excellent - a shortbread cookie, but flavored.... So Good.

LaylasMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaylasMommy Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks! I would love to have all of those recipes.... I can just keep trying until I find one that is just right! I love the cookie press, makes it quick and easy for little projects. I have a three year old, so she likes to take cookies for all the holidays to school... I'm planning for Valentine's day!

Thanks again.

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 9

I would also love the recipes. My cookie press goes unused way too much. I am especially looking forward to the cake mix one!

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 3:07am
post #7 of 9

I'd love to see these recipes too! I have a cookie press, but I don't think its ever been out of the box. Sad.

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 9

Here's Nick Malgieri's spritz recipe from his book "Cookies Unlimited". I like to dip these in melted chocolate or sprinkle them with coarse sanding sugar. I've also substituted almond and lemon extracts for the vanilla and they were delicious!

2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (I usually use 2 tsp because I like a stronger vanilla flavor)
3 large egg yolks
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or aluminum foil). Beat on medium speed the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the yolks, one at a time, until smooth. Scrape down the bowl; on low speed add the flour and mix only until it's completely absorbed. Finish mixing the dough by hand with a large rubber spatula.

Insert a die into the press and fill it with about a quarter of the dough. Press the cookies out onto the prepared sheets leaving about an inch in between them. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until they are a very pale golden color. Cool on racks. Repeat with the remaining dough.

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 3:55pm
post #9 of 9

Basic Shortbread Preheat oven to 350*
Bake 15 - 17 minutes
1 pound butter (4 sticks)
2 3/4 (11 ozs) cups flour
1 package cake mix - any flavor

Microwave 2 sticks butter until melted. Slice remaining butter into 1/2 inch slices, add to melted butter. Let sit about 3-5 min to soften slices. Stir until all is melted and there are no lumps.

Mix with the rest of the ingredients. Use immediately. Do not refrigerate dough. If you don't use it all, store in fridge, but bring to room temperature before trying to use it in the cookie press.

You can also rolled this dough and cut with a cutter or use a cookie scoop for drop cookies.

Some of my variations of this are:

Coconut cake mix
add mini chocolate chips
then coat with powdered sugar when cooled

Lemon cake mix
Coat cookies with flavored powdered sugar with a package of Lemonade - drink mix after cooled.

Strawberry cake mix
dip half of cookie in chocolate after cooled.

I also used Chocolate, French Vanilla, Spice cake mixes. All were yummy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%