Banana Pastry Cream

Baking By fragglerock1 Updated 26 Feb 2011 , 8:12am by meemiipastry

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking for a banana pastry cream recipe, can I just add some pureed bananas to my regular pastry cream recipe?

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 5

You could try it, but I would test some to be sure it doesn't go brown.

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 5

the guy at my local cake supply said that he puts banana LorAnn oil in sleeved bavarian cream rather than use the sleeved banana cream filling. I imagine that it would work the same with your pastry cream! icon_smile.gif

albert1234567890 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albert1234567890 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglerock1

I'm looking for a banana pastry cream recipe, can I just add some pureed bananas to my regular pastry cream recipe?

the diference is that banana have also too acid and if the cream is hot it is not a nice cream despite that i love p-astry cream and bananas what you can do is go for a bavarian cream or even mousse which the flavour will be more better adapted trust me i have tried it too with the pastry cream too add more egg yolks to the cream and if you want you can add meringue when the cream is hot or even a butter cream for more of a frothy cream

meemiipastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meemiipastry Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 8:12am
post #5 of 5

Add "Fruit Fresh" to the finished pastry cream product! Your pastry cream will remain true to color. Still toss the pastry cream after two days even if it looks fine. It has a limited shelf life. Hope this tip helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%