What Is Your Favorite Buttercream Recipe?

Decorating By MrsMom Updated 2 Mar 2007 , 3:05pm by kchart

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 9

I've only made the "class" recipe, as most of the cakes I've made have been for class. I'd like to try something new, but there are soooo many recipes. Which one do you use? Also, if you have some yummy flavored BC recipes, please share!

8 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 9

I only use Sylvia Weinstock's IMBC recipe or Toba Garrett's decorator's buttercream. The White as Snow recipe from here is the only one I've used (once) for an all-shortening recipe.

Jessmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessmar Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 9

I just tried the "Whipped Cream Buttercream" recipe from this site, and although I haven't tried all of the different buttercream recipes out there, I have tried quite a few. This one has been my favorite buttercream recipe so far! It's light and fluffy and is easier for me to smooth than other recipes I have tried. But I liked it's flavor the most compared to other buttercreams... it's somewhere in between buttercream and whipped cream frostings (the best of both worlds!) and not as sweet as other buttercream recipes. It calls for a tablespoon of flavoring. I used 3/4 tbsp. almond extract and 1/4 tbsp. vanilla extract (approximately). I took it to work and everyone agreed it was the best tasting buttercream recipe I've tried so far! My coworkers are always happy to help me review and critique my cake / frosting recipes!

Lia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lia Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 9

up until monday night i had only used the wilton class buttercream (for about a year) but then i decided to try the buttercream dream recipe from here and absolutely LOVED it and everyone that tried it really liked it.

HTH!
-lia xo

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 9

Italian Meringue Buttercream.
It is light and fluffy, goes on smoothly, less sweet, and tastes so much better to me than powdered sugar buttercream.

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 9

I like the Buttercream Dream that someone suggested on CC. Love it, not quite as sweet as wilton's, but soooo yummy!

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks! Anyone else?

darlene_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darlene_000 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 9

Does Buttercream dream crust?

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 3:05pm
post #9 of 9

Does Buttercream dream crust?