Please Help Me Name My Business!!!

Business By mpaigew Updated 12 Jan 2006 , 4:29pm by sofiasmami

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 12

I am trying to start up a business that for now is just baked goods, but later on would be a catering business. I am a culinary student right now, and this xmas I started making cookies for families that didn't have time, and I started giving cooking lessons. I also have some orders already for cakes for this year. I've even had a few people ask me to cater parties, but I'm not set up for that yet! So far I've thought of Paige's Pantry, but I think that might sound a little hokey! I really want to get some business cards made up soon, so PLEASE HELP!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 12

I like Paige's Pantry...

But if you want some other options, we need more details.. where are you located, etc

mpaigew Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 12

I live in a small town in NY called Rock Hill. I have been told that a good name should not include an area because then it will be limited to that area. The one name that I thought of that I really like is Culinary Delights, but there is already a catering company in NY with that name. I don't really want to have my name in it, unless maybe it is my last name (Welch.) My father thought of Welch's Wonders, but I would like a name that you can look at and tell it's related to food. Like I had mentioned, right now I only want to do cakes, cookies, and other baked goods, but in a year or so if I'm really getting a lot of requests and am doing well enough to be able to purchase catering supplies, I would like to expand. I think that I would mainly offer "home food..." or food that would make a person think of the kind of good cooking that their grandma made. You know what I mean? LOL..."down home cookin" is what I guess I'm thinking of, but in NY, it's would be considered pretty redneck to say that!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 12

Parties by Paige (if that is your first name)

vivacious vittles (hoo boy is that red-neck!)

TLC Cakes and Catering

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 12

edible delights... scrumptious delights....

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 2:41pm
post #6 of 12

That's what I meant... I agree you don't necessarily want to name your business after your town or street name, but now we know a little more about you!

Welch's Wonderful Tastes...
(Welch's) Taste of Home...
From Paige's Kitchen...
Sweet Gluttony... (if large portions are part of "Grandma's cooking... LOL)

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 3:16pm
post #7 of 12

How about -
Kitchen Comforts by Paige or Welch's Kitchen Comforts

The Cook's Paige
(playing off the usage of your name for the type of page that acts as an apprentice)

The Caterer's Table

mpaigew Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melxcloud

How about -
Kitchen Comforts by Paige or Welch's Kitchen Comforts

The Cook's Paige
(playing off the usage of your name for the type of page that acts as an apprentice)

The Caterer's Table

OOOOOO! I love Welch's Kitchen Comforts!!! Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 12

I love the Cook's Paige one.....I always remember names that have a "thing" or catch.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 4:49pm
post #10 of 12

Have any of you tried getting your cards and flyers made by an online service? I've had 3 different business cards and some postcards done by Printing for Less. (http://www.printingforless.com/indexm.html) They did a really awesome job every time and helped me through the uploading and formatting tasks. If you use this code (RP1E6YDJ5), you can save $25 on your first order.

If this post is inappropriate, please remove it. I just wanted to share about a company I've had great results with.

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 9:22pm
post #11 of 12

I like Piage's Pantry or Welch's Kitchen Comforts.

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 4:29pm
post #12 of 12

I love Welch's Kitchen Comforts... so there is my vote ... if it counts lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%