Logo/graphic

Business By JennT Updated 10 Jan 2006 , 1:26pm by Mac

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 9:46am
post #1 of 19

Can't sleep, so I've been working on my graphic for my business. I had one that I liked...which sooo many CC members helped me with, but my computer crashed a little before Christmas and I lost it icon_sad.gif So I needed to work up another one. Though my business name is SugarBelle's, I didn't go with a "sweet southern belle" girl holding a cake, like last time. I decided to just keep it simple for time's sake...I need some cards and stickers quick! lol And I needed to do something that would communicate that I did cakes and sweets, more specifically. My tag line is "The Sweetest Things in the South!"...but as a few of you pointed out, SugarBelle's could easily be a children's clothing line or something other than cakes, etc. and I agree. Couldn't seem to come up with a tag line I liked better, so I thought of just putting a pic of a cake in it...duh!? lol The colors are aqua and brown...inspired by a lot of cakes I've seen recently, actually. The pic below is my sticker to put on cake boxes, the back of wrapped cookies, etc. , but the biz cards are very similar. Please tell me what ya'll think....good & bad! Thanks for looking icon_smile.gif

*edited because I forgot to change my phone # before I posted it icon_redface.gif
LL

18 replies
cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 10:44am
post #2 of 19

I like it. One suggestion-remove the ! and change capitalization to: "The sweetest things in the South" Just my opinion.
icon_biggrin.gifI like the color combo, too.

cande Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 10:47am
post #3 of 19

Just was looking at it again...what if you moved the cake up to the top, wrote Sugar Belle's under neath of it, then smaller underneath that wrote your tag line, and then under that, your pphone number?

I think it might lookl better than with the tag line on the top (?) Just a suggestion.

Cake Pic (same as is)
Sugar Belle's (same as is)
Tag line (written smaller font and w/o ! and capitals)
Phone Number (as is)

And what about "The sweetest treats in the South" instead of "things"? so you are a little more specific?

JennT Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 11:00am
post #4 of 19

Is this what you were thinking? I think I like it better too.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 11:11am
post #5 of 19

Oh, I like the new and improved one!

JennT Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 19

Thanks lotsoftots! Is that font hard to read in the smaller size? And if anyone else has any suggestions, please do tell....I need to print these up sometime today. TIA!! icon_smile.gif

cande Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 2:27pm
post #7 of 19

Jenn--I really like the newest version!! I don't think it is too small to read, but if you are concerned you could make it all brown (perhaps underlined in turquoise?), or leave it two-toned and go up just one size (it looks like the next size bigger font would fit?). I think on the computer screen it looks a little different than when it will be printed because the turquoise won't be as bright, and it will meld together a little more. edited to add: so maybe that smaller size is ok. Have you tried printing it to see how it would look?

I really like the uniformity of the second design! I think it looks great!

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 19

I also really the second design. And I love the colors.

JennT Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks pinkbunny & cande! Uniformity is exactly what it was lacking. I really appreciate what you pointed out, cande. I haven't printed any yet...think I'll just print one onto plain paper first, so I don't waste a sticker, to see if the tag line is too small or difficult to read. I may just reverse the colors on it...we'll see. I really appreciate the input from all of you! And I'll post a verdict after I print a test copy...lol. THANKS! icon_biggrin.gif

JennT Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 4:03pm
post #10 of 19

Don't mean to be a bother...but I changed something and need opinions... icon_redface.gif I made the cake a little bigger and added more of a "frosting" to the top...better or worse?
LL

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 4:18pm
post #11 of 19

BETTER!!! But I agree with an earlier post, go one colour only for the tagline.

justcakn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justcakn Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 4:19pm
post #12 of 19

I like it, the extra frosting looks great.
Will you be open for business in April? I always go to the arts and crafts show there. You know I may need to stop in for some Southern goodies.

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 4:33pm
post #13 of 19

I like the last one you post the best. Good luck!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 5:19pm
post #14 of 19

Have you checked how it will render in:

1) greyscale
2) black and white

If you ever advertise in newspaper or simliar, your ad will most likely be either greyscale or b/w.

So, often what looks good in color, straight off an inkjet, fails miserably in greyscale or b/w. Some parts might even not reproduce at all.

(many years of yearbook, newspaper advising and doing the advertising for HS plays has taught me this)

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 6:43pm
post #15 of 19

I like your revised one with cake on top and name, tagline, etc., on bottom.

I also agree. Use one color for tagline.

cande Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 9:08pm
post #16 of 19

Jenn-I like the bigger cake with more frosting! Did you get the color issue with your printer figured out?

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 4:09am
post #17 of 19

I like the 2nd version....very nice.

Make sure you back up your PC! I hate that you have lost your hard work...I know that's a super pain! icon_cry.gif

julia

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 10:25am
post #18 of 19

I like the second one.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 1:26pm
post #19 of 19

Definitely the second one with one color on tag line.

Good luck JennT

I am green with envy--hopefully by the end of this year, I will have my own place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%