What Do You Think?

Decorating By SILVERCAT Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 2:11pm by tabs8774

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 2

For those that remember my post from the other day about making a dump truck cake for my husbands company. Here is the link if you want to read it.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=134481&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
I got to thinking about the dump truck cake and thought about using a cake dummie to make the truck and maybe a bulldozer. That way when they say they need a cake I really only have to make the half a sheet cake and ice and decorate that. I was thinking about either using fondant or chocolate clay. So I am looking for an opinion, do you think that is the easy way out? Do you think I should go with making a real dump truck cake? Any other opinions or ideas please share them! Thanks Megan

1 reply
tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 2

I WOULD THINK THAT YOU'D BE MAKING THE FROZEN TRUCKS SO THEY COULD RETURN THEM AND YOU COULD REUSE THEM FOR THE NEXT CAKE. IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN I WOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT THE CONDITION THEY RETURNED IN AND SOMEONE RECOGNIZING THE SAME TRUCKS AS THE LAST TIME.

DEFINITELY CHARGE!! IM ALREADY IN THE BAD SITUATION OF PEOPLE EXPECTING FREE CAKES BECAUSE I FELT NICE AND MADE THEM SOME. ITS A DIFFERENT SITUATION WHEN THE PERSON ACCTUALLY ORDERS THE CAKE.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%