Do Any Of You Have Corporate Accounts?

Business By Lenette Updated 8 Jan 2006 , 3:00am by Jenn123

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 4

I was thinking of going after businesses for orders. I was thinking client/employee gifts, plan for the next holiday season. I was just wondering if anyone gets orders from businesses, how did you get them, what items they purchse, and any suggestions for getting this type of order. TIA!

3 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 4

For big corporations I do mostly full sheets (sometimes 5 or 6 at a time). For smaller companies, the administrative assistants order smaller sheets for birthday, anniversaries, retirement. I've found that health care supply companies are great at Christmas. They want to give a little gift to all of their clients. Pharmaceutical representatives are a great source of special orders. They have expense accounts and want to impress the doctors and be remembered.

All of my business has been through word of mouth. You might try sending samples to the purchasing department. Find a contact inside and ask them to hand out your cards , send an email, or put up fliers inside the company. Impress them with your first order and make it easy for them to order again. Be prepared to accept Purchase Orders and Credit Cards. PayPal invoicing through emails is an easy way to accept all forms of payment. Be sure to pass out lots of business cards and/or flyers with each business cake you do!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 4

How do I get in with a pharmaceutical rep? I had thought of them before butu I have no idea how to contact anyone. Thanks for your replies. icon_smile.gif

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 3:00am
post #4 of 4

Hmmm. I'm not sure 'cause when I had pharm reps, I had a retail business. Maybe you could start with your own doctor's offices and see if they will give you some names? (Bribe with samples if necessary.) Leave your cards or flyers on their bulletin boards? See if reps come on certain days and "lurk" in the parking lot icon_lol.gif Haha

Offering free delivery to companies helps a lot. They will pay a higher price for your cake if they can get you to deliver! Start with your spouse's and friend's work places, kids schools, and all the places you do business regularly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%