Movie Clapper Help Needed!

Decorating By mistybp99 Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 4:08am by YummyFireMummy

mistybp99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistybp99 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 4

So for my neice's birthday, her and her friends are going to go see a movie. So her request for her cake was a movie clapper shaped cake with the title of the movie and Happy Birthday Jacie. I took it a step farther and added her parents name as producers and scene 1 of 3 because she is the oldest of 3 kids...
the problem... I STINK at writing! icon_lol.gif So would something like a the frozen butter cream transfer work??? (just the words, not the whole top of the cake)
Also look at all that black frosting! Would you make it purple instead (her favorite color) or what?
Thanks!
I have to make the cake Friday night.
LL

3 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 4

I would buy a set of Tappit alphabet cutters and make the larger lettering with fondant. You would probably still have to pipe the smaller lettering. The only other way I could think to do it would be to type out the design with lettering in WORD and then print it out onto an edible icing sheet to go directly on the cake.

On the black frosting, start with chocolate frosting or chocolate fondant and then add black, it won't take as much color to achieve the black and it won't soften your icing as much.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 4

Nothing to add re the lettering...

but I'd maybe go with the purple for the frosting. She'll think that's "cool." Plus...with the black frosting...all the little girls will have black teeth, tongue and lips. MY daughter would have been horrified. Little boys, maybe not so much. icon_smile.gif But, for little girls, I'd go for "pretty" over authentic.

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:08am
post #4 of 4

I agree I would go with pretty over authentic for a little girl too. Purple sounds great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%