Btc Question

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 1 Apr 2005 , 4:40pm by momof3jotynjake

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 6:22am
post #1 of 5

When you do the butter cream transfer and you have to spread the icing on the back when you are all done, to the color of the cake,
how do you spread it with out messing up the picture under it?
Thanks!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 7:25am
post #2 of 5

Well, what I did (though my 3 transfers were crap, not because of this part though) was after I was done with the coloring, I froze it for a little bit, pulled it out then I used my Pampered Chef accent decorator and squirted on the back then softly pressed it over it...it worked fine. but the reason my transfers were crap was because I had the "worm" look to it, and I didnt put enough icing on the back cuz it broke easily.

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:17am
post #3 of 5

When I did mine. I just used tip 125 and layered on the extra frosting. Then I only had to barely smooth it. Hope this helps!
~Tanya

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 10:59am
post #4 of 5

so I think the best idea is to use a tip to put it on.....COOL!!! thumbs_up.gif I'm not stupid, I'm not stupid!!! Whoo Hoo!~ (Doing a happy dance!)

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 5

OH! ok, well, i have to do my BTC today, for a b-day tomorrow. Im doing spongebob. So, after i color it in, freeze it for a bit, then layer the butter cream on it, and freeze some more.... ok.. got it icon_smile.gif!!!!
LOL!!!
I hopeee this worksssssssssssssssssssssssss
thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%