German Chocolate Cake

Decorating By Ladycake Updated 1 Apr 2005 , 3:52pm by Mchelle

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 5:04am
post #1 of 9

Today one of the Dads on our street came up and asked me if I could make his Daughter a Birthday cake for TOMORROW... (what do this people think that they are keep frozen and you can just pop them out) OK now that that is said... LOL ..

I said yes what would she like to have "HE said I would like to have a German Chocolate Cake.. I said Tom its Sarah's BD he said ya I know but I love the way you cook and I want a German Chocolate cake she is going to have pizza and she is going to be just fine with it .. OK ....

I still tried to make it a girls cake which is hard with German Chocolate so what I did was I made Kiss Rose's to place on the top... Down the front side it says Happy Birthday Sarah but you cant really see it its a darker chocolate...
LL

8 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 5:49am
post #2 of 9

Ooooh! Ladycake you did a wonderful job on that cake! You did keep it pretty which is hard to do with that cake. Will you pop one out of the freezer for me icon_biggrin.gif ?

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 6:04am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Ooooh! Ladycake you did a wonderful job on that cake! You did keep it pretty which is hard to do with that cake. Will you pop one out of the freezer for me icon_biggrin.gif ?

Thanks.. I am just amazed that they think you can POOP out a cake in no time..

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 6:07am
post #4 of 9

This is great ! Especially on such short notice icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:00am
post #5 of 9

don't that just piss you off? icon_confused.gif all my customers know that i said at least a week in advance. i still get calls on wednesdays and thursdays, "uh, i know you need a weeks notice but, can i get a cake for this saturday?? icon_confused.gif
one lady had the nerve to ask me, "do you freeze your cakes, i don't like frozen cakes." icon_eek.gif killing me!!! icon_surprised.gif
btw, that cake looks great! icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:08am
post #6 of 9

I love German Choc cake, but family dont they dont like coconut so its pretty out for me to make a whole one! BUt ladycake that looks irrestible!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:23am
post #7 of 9

German Choc has always been a favorite of mine. Every bday cake during my teen years was German Choc!! I love coconut & the sweet taste of the icing!!!! I don't really like other choc cakes. Never have. German Choc mmmmmmmmmmmm good!!!!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 10:51am
post #8 of 9

to think here in Germany I would find a German Choc Cake like that...havent yet..the choc part yes, but not the rest...and its not as good/sweet as ours are in the states!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 9

Ladycakes, that looks delicious! I am highly allergic to coconut, but I would take a benadryl just for a piece of that cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%