I'm Being Wishy Washy!!!

Decorating By Diesel Updated 2 Mar 2007 , 8:25pm by SILVERCAT

Diesel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diesel Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 19

I have my course 3 final cake this week and can't seem to decide on a color for my cake. I did all my flowers, roses (mmf) and Easter lilies (royal icing) in white and my leaves in juniper green. I just can't decide on the base color for the cake. I wanted to do something a little more elegant than anything else I have done so I need a vote on the base color for my two tiers, ivory, buttercup yellow, pale violet or just keep it the MMF color??? Please help this very indecisive woman!!!

18 replies
moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 19

I would go with the pale violet...I love that color on cakes!

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 19

for elegant my first instinct is to say keep it white..

otherwise pale violet. icon_biggrin.gif

have fun!

jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 19

I like the pale violet also. Another elegant color is the buttercup but it either needs to be very pale or mixed with a tiny bit of brown to deepen it to a rich gold color.

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 19

My vote is pale voilet too. icon_smile.gif

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 19

For elegant looks I would go with white.

meihana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meihana Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 19

I like a steely blue color. I think when accented with white it is very elegant.

icon_smile.gif

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:47pm
post #8 of 19

If it were me, I'd do a light yellow or a sort of marbled light light blue/white. Good luck! :O) -- I don't think there's a wrong answer--although if you do white on white, I'd emboss the fondant with some kind of ridges or design so the flowers will stand out more.

Diesel Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:51pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks for all the input!!! Last night I decided not to just do white mmf as my Easter Lilies are just a bit whiter than my mmf roses and I'm thinking it might look funny on all white mmf. I think I've narrowed it down to pale buttercup yellow or pale violet. Have to decide by tonight when I color my mmf and cover my cakes for class tomorrow. The other thing I decided to do was use pearl luster dust and I painted the tip of each petal on the roses. It just seems to add a little something to them. I'll post a picture once it's all completed.

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:56pm
post #10 of 19

Here's another vote for pale violet.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:32pm
post #11 of 19

pale violet!!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 19

cant wait to see this cake..........sounds pretty!

Diesel Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:34pm
post #13 of 19

Wow, people really like the pale violet option. Looks like a I have a decision to make tonight. The only other thing, I made my leaves out of mmf and colored them juniper green, would that color of green look okay on pale violet???? As you can tell, I sometimes struggle with color schemes icon_smile.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:42pm
post #14 of 19

Pale violet....and yes that will look very nice with the juniper leaves icon_razz.gif

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:57pm
post #15 of 19

Remember to keep it out of direct sunlight - the violet tends to fade to blue - post pictures!

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 2:03am
post #16 of 19

Pale violet is my vote!!!!!

Diesel Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 1:39pm
post #17 of 19

Thanks everyone! I went with the pale violet and I really like it. Unfortunately, my first time covering a round cake in MMF only went fairly well. I ended up have some gathers on about 1/8 of the sides of the cake, I guess this cake will just have to have a "back" to it. I'm trying to let it go and hope that when I decorate it tonight it won't be too noticeable.

Thanks again and I'll post a pic of it when it's completed.

Diesel Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 2:11pm
post #18 of 19

Here's the final cake, I'm really glad I went with the pale violet and I decided not to use the lilies or green leaves as I really liked the two tone version. Thanks for all the color advice!!
LL

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:25pm
post #19 of 19

WOW, that is BEAUTIFUL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%