Cake/candy Supply In Fort Worth

Decorating By hamie Updated 30 Dec 2005 , 6:44pm by briansbaker

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 27 Dec 2005 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for a place besides Hobby Lobby to find cake and candy making supplies, preferably a place that specializes in cake and candy. I have looked though phone books and online, but I cannot find one in my area. Anyone know of one in Fort Worth, Texas?

Everyone raves about Americolor and I want to try some. Plus I want to see what other fun stuff I can find.

Thanks for your help.

6 replies
972ericam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
972ericam Posted 27 Dec 2005 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know Ft. Worth that well, but there is a really good store in Richardson called Cake Carousel. It's off of 75 and Campbell i believe. I haven't been there in a while because we moved, but I may have to make a trip back!! Good luck!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Dec 2005 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know about Ft. Worth either, but there is one in Hurst/Euless, would be a little closer than Richardson.

It is Elizabeth's Cake Supplies at 112 South Ector Dr., Euless, 76040 - 817-267-6691

Cake Carousel address: 1002 N Central Expressway #511, Richardson. 972-690-4628 (you can check them out at cakecarousel.com).

I've been to Cake Carousel, it is a good supply source, but haven't made it to Elizabeth's, but my instructor likes Elizabeth's.

HTH Janice

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 27 Dec 2005 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 7

I live in Rowlett but travel all over the metroplex for work so I'm always looking for new cake places I can stop by and I've never really found any good ones except for Cake Carousel. It's kinda a drive for you, but definately worth it. They have everything and since you mentioned candy, they have tons of stuff for that too!
I hope someone posts something on here b/c I'm always looking for new places. I'll have to try Elizabeths!

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 27 Dec 2005 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the ideas.

I just took a trip over to Elizabeth's with my duaghter. It was much better than Hobby Lobby. I was able to find Americolor and some favored oils.

I will have to try Cake Carousel next week.

talmas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talmas Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 7

I love Elizabeths. They are always very friendly and helpful. It is a great place to get colors, dusts, and flavoring. They also have many different kinds of cake board foils. I have never been to Cake Carousel. It is to far of a drive for me. I mostly buy online from sugarcraft.com

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 7

Elizabeths I love it.. They also offer classes for fondant and gumpaste..I will have to try to go to Cake Carousel!! Thanks everyone for that info..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%