How Long In Advance Can I Make Mmf Decorations

Decorating By lou54 Updated 26 Feb 2007 , 5:19pm by lou54

lou54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lou54 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning all
Have a question ? Hope someone can answer for me [ thank you in advance]
I want to make the onesie baby cake and i am making the onesie out of mmf ? Was wondering how far in advance i can make this onesie, hat , and shoes out of mmf? How would i store it after i get it ready or would it dry out to much??????? So far ahead????? Have used mmf before but not in advance????The cake is due this weekend and i just wanted to get a jump on it as i have cookies and other desserts for this shower to do ?????? Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again
lou

3 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 4

I've made decorations up to a month early. I covered them with tin foil, not sealed, just covered to keep them clean. The color didn't fade and they looked as good as if they had been made the day before. (I have some small flowers that were made about a year ago, they're well protected from light and dust so they're as good as new.)

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 4

I have made my onesie out of MMF but I did it at the same time that I made the cake (as I didnt want the onesie to dry)......I would make the other stuff early....(Did you print out the onesie pattern on this site...if so its so easy to do at the same time you decorate the cake).

lou54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lou54 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you all so much for your replies. Can't wait to make this cake looks like fun .
lou

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%