I'm So Happy!

Decorating By kelly75 Updated 26 Feb 2007 , 1:09pm by SILVERCAT

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 10:44am
post #1 of 18

It's my birthday today (happy Birthday to me! icon_lol.gif ) and I was sure that my DH had not got me anything (I want cake stuff and new jeans, all of which I need to choose myself or mail-order). So, anyway, he went to work this morning, and then half hour later he comes back in with my present (he was hiding it at his Mum's house!)...

A Kenwood, 800watt, 4.6 litre fabulous mixer, that I really wanted, but didn't think I could have (my Mum bought me a mixer for Christmas, but to be honest, it's not that good - only has a beater attachment and puts air bubbles in all my icing - but I was happy not to have to do it all by hand and was going to 'make do' as she was so thrilled to get me 'what I wanted' and I didn't want to appear ungrateful!)

Just wanted to share my good news with you all (I'm doing a happy dance round my kitchen!)

Kelly

17 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 11:12am
post #2 of 18

Congratulations to you and Happy Birthday too.............. icon_biggrin.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 11:16am
post #3 of 18

Oooohhh, a Kenwood! I had my mother-in-laws 1960s version, but I broke it icon_sad.gif! I now have a Kitchenaid Artisan which I love, mainly because it's so pretty, it's a good mixer too - but I could do with a larger, more powerful one though - your Kenwood sounds lovely! Those things were built to last back in the 60s/70s, my mum still has hers from the 60s too! Wishing you many happy baking days and Happy Birthday!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 11:33am
post #4 of 18

Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful gift too. Now you will have to try it out and make yourself a birthday cake!!

Cindy

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 11:54am
post #5 of 18

Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Kenwood. Happy mixing, blending, whipping and all those other cool stuff to you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm so envious!!! icon_biggrin.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 18

Kelly,
I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Congrats on the new mixer. icon_lol.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:04pm
post #7 of 18

Happy Birthday and enjoy that wonderful husband.

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:08pm
post #8 of 18

Happy Birthday Kelly! Don't you just love getting wonderful shiny new cake toys!!! Congrats and Happy Birthday again!!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:09pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

Happy Birthday and enjoy that wonderful husband.

I think she'll enjoy the mixer more than the hubby icon_lol.gif j/k icon_razz.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:14pm
post #10 of 18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Wow ~ what an awesome gift!! Good Luck with it and hope to see lots of cakes from you; starting with your BIRTHDAY cake!!!!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:22pm
post #11 of 18

Happy Birthday (It's my youngests 3rd birthday today too)! Sometimes husbands surprise you when you least expect it! icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your new toy!! thumbs_up.gif

sliceofheaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sliceofheaven Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:25pm
post #12 of 18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! ISN"T it awesome how we are blessed with wonderful, thoughtful husbands AND shiny new cake toys?!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif congrats and enjoy!

creole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creole Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:27pm
post #13 of 18

Happy Birthday and congrat for this new toy. I know how you feel for some months ago, I receive the Kenwood chef from my Hubby and did the same dance all around the house icon_wink.gif beside giving him a huge jump hug.

Creole

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:30pm
post #14 of 18

Congrats on the gift, and Hppy birthday!!
BAKE BAKE BAKE!!!!

customcaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcaker Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:31pm
post #15 of 18

Happy Birthday! What a wonderfully supportive husband you have! That gift shows volumes of how he believes in you! icon_smile.gif

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:32pm
post #16 of 18

Happy Birthday for yesterday! What a super gift...you're gonna just love it!!! What a good husband icon_smile.gif

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:39pm
post #17 of 18

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Yes, my hubby really is great (and did I mention very sexy too! LOL).

It's still lunchtime here (on the 26th), just a quiet day at home with my DD, then going out for a drink later with hubby!

Kelly

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 1:09pm
post #18 of 18

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your gift!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%