I'm Going South.... To Aruba!!!!!

Lounge By Cake_Geek Updated 23 Dec 2005 , 5:12pm by Cake_Geek

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 11

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know many people are boycotting Aruba for what happened to the Halloway girl. Whilst I feel awful for her family, I enjoy my vacations in Aruba. This is a post about the joy of vacationing somewhere warm in the cold winter, not political opinions.

Just exclaiming my happiness for booking my winter getaway to Aruba. For the past couple years, DH and I have gone to Wisconsin snowmobiling with my brother's family. This year I decided -22 degree weather was not something I wanted. We've been to Aruba before and loved it so we're going again for a relaxing vacation.

10 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 11

Hi Contessa,

Have fun and stick like glue to your husband...don't be by yourself.

Send us some warm weather back here.

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year party.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 11

Aruba beats a Wisconsin winter any day! Break out the sunscreen! icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Geek Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 11

DH and I don't usually separate when on vacation. We enjoy being together so the only time we may separate is when one of is making a trip to the bar near the pool!!

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 11

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Just heard to weather forecast for Los Angeles - 80 degrees on Christmas Day - hoorah!

bb

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 11

Man oh man!!! As I sit and look out my window at about 12" of snow and my thermometer reads 27 and that WARM for a change---I will just be turning green with envy!!

Bust out the sunscreen and know that the only shovel you will be handling is a SAND shovel!

Lisa

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 22 Dec 2005 , 9:52am
post #7 of 11

I'm so jealous! I was in Aruba for a day 2 years ago on a cruise and just loved it there. I'm dying to go back and take DH this time (went with my mom, sis, and a friend on the cruise). I also understand how people are boycotting the island, but you have to face it... unfortunately, bad things happen to people everywhere. We all can't just stay home and never go out because something bad might happen. Everyone just needs to be alert and aware of their surroundings when in an unfamiliar (and sometimes even the familiar ones) place. I wish you much fun! Enjoy it.

Cake_Geek Posted 22 Dec 2005 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 11

VACakeLady--- DH and I were talking about the same thing last night; how things like this happen everywhere yet no one is boycotting NY, LA, Detroit, etc.

Anyway, we were there for our first anniversary a few years ago and loved it. I love the fact that you can drive to almost any beacch, get out and hop in the water for some good snorkelling.

I plan on spending time either face down in the water snorkelling or on the beach with a drink in hand.

kmcguire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcguire Posted 23 Dec 2005 , 1:42pm
post #9 of 11

I for one would not boycott the place. I don't mean any disrespect for the Holloway family, but when a person young or old engages in risky behavior bad things can happen. It should never happen, but it can happen anywhere. I have been a law enforcement officer since 1979 and have seen a lot happen where you wouldn't think it would. So go have fun, be careful, and have a Merry Christmas.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 23 Dec 2005 , 4:24pm
post #10 of 11

I also feel terrible for the family...but I live in New York so I know that bad things happen everywhere. For the actions of a single person, I hope the island didn't suffer too much.

Have a great time!!! Make sure you go to Baby Beach....

Cake_Geek Posted 23 Dec 2005 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Have a great time!!! Make sure you go to Baby Beach....

Baby beach, malmok beach, eagle beach, palm beach, arashi beach... Am I missing any? I will be on them all!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%