Help...fishing Ideas

Decorating By angelkiss013 Updated 29 Mar 2005 , 11:55pm by m0use

angelkiss013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelkiss013 Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 6

A good friend of mine asked for a fishig theme for her husband for friday. Does anyone have any pictures to help me , or links that i could use. Because I told her that will confirm with her tomorrow if i will make it...( need a cake that does not cost a lot to make since i will have to buy everything ).
I don't want to disapoint her ( the cake will be free , she's my tester for my first order ! )
Please , help !!!

icon_cry.gif

5 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 6

Pipe figure people fishing out of river (use either blue icing or blue piping gel) and put Swedish fish popping out the river. You could also put some bears around the river trying to steal the fish.

briansbakerjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbakerjr Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 6

hmmm.. make a flat sheet (full sheet if possible) and make it a river like theme. make a grassy area and a pond in the middle or a river running through it . pipe rocks around the area and make fishing poles out of toothpicks sitting at the egde of the water leaned against your piped rocks. Toothpicks can stay the same color and at the end you can add some real fishing line just touching your water..you can use goldfish and have some popping out. Some with heads out and some diving into the water. and maybe you can write Happy Birthday on the water..on a piece of hard paper write "no swimming" on it and tape it to a toothpick or lollipop stick and put it near the water. hope this helped!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 6

There was a cake posted here today that had a tackle box and a fish on it. You should take a look at it. It was a grooms cake. Look in latest uploads maybe?

Debbie

angelkiss013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelkiss013 Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 6

I saw it anh it looks very good...but my problem is my lack of time ! ( I have a full time job ).
So I decided to go with a BCT tranfert. ( an image of John and Garfield...since I know that he really like the books ).
And my next question is : Wich BTC is the best ? I know there is a lot of recepies , but wich one works the best ?
And for the dreamwhip frosting , can we use it for a transfert ?

And thanks for all of your ideas...I'm keeping them.

And if I'm proud of my cake , you will see my fisrt cake !

Annie icon_wink.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

And my next question is : Wich BTC is the best ? I know there is a lot of recepies , but wich one works the best ?

I posted a reply to the other post that you had on this exact question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%