March Cookie Club Ideas

Baking By Cake_Princess Updated 4 Mar 2007 , 8:25pm by mis

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 61

Hello fellow Cookie Addicts,
It's getting close to the end of the month - time to come up with a new theme for next month. Submit your idea for the march theme under this thread.

Cake Princess

P.S. Bonnie I figured that you maybe busy so I got the ball rolling.

60 replies
khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 61

I'm relatively new here, and I hope it's okay if I suggest something?

How about "In like a lion, out like a lamb"?

Everyone here is so talented... I would love to see their lion, lamb, umbrella, and sunshine creations!

Just a thought, and once I typed it - it started sounding silly icon_redface.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 61

I have a suggestion... can we make the current months cookie club thread a sticky at the top of the forum?? I cannot for the life of my find the February thread and I want to post to it before it's too late. Can anyone help me there? And what do we have to do to get it as a sticky? Just the main thread where we all post the current cookies, not the ideas threads.

As for ideas... of course I would say we have to have St. Pat's as a theme, but we can do a dual theme if people want, and the lion/lamb thing was not stupid!! I thought it was cute! You have to save the umbrellas for next month though... April showers, you know!?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 61

well, February was 'girly' - maybe we could do 'boyish'?
(In my case it's ALWAYS fight with the kids to let me have enough dough to bake, and fight with Hubby to let me put icing on them before he eats them!)

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 61

Thanks Cake_Princess! I just realized that because it's February, the 24th IS almost the end of the month! I kept thinking I had a few more days icon_redface.gif

I guess I really better get moving on my girly cookie, huh?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 61

Just my opinion, but how about gold coin cookies. Kinda unisex ya know? And could be really cute with golden luster dusts or disco dusts or what ever. I am interested in joining up with the cookie club too if that's alright. But lamb cookies sound too cute to pass.

Cake_Princess Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I have a suggestion... can we make the current months cookie club thread a sticky at the top of the forum?? I cannot for the life of my find the February thread and I want to post to it before it's too late. Can anyone help me there? And what do we have to do to get it as a sticky? Just the main thread where we all post the current cookies, not the ideas threads.

This was suggested before by quite a few members and the moderator/owner unpinned it. We can certainly ask them if they would be willing to have the current topic as a sticky. Until then, we Are stuck with searching the forum.

Cake_Princess Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 61

We are off to a good start so far with ideas, keep them coming guys. Anyone can participate. Remember to keep the ideas as broad as possible so everyone can put their own spin on the theme.

C_P

P.S. Bonnie get baking already LOL... kidding

7yyrt Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 11:44pm
post #9 of 61

Some of Brownielocks' unusual March holidays -
National Frozen Food Month; World Folk Tales and Fables Week; Turkey Vultures Return to the Living icon_confused.gif ; Sherlock Holmes' Day; Panic Day; Make Up Your Own Holiday Day; Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day...
http://www.brownielocks.com/march.html

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 2:12am
post #10 of 61

Okay, so anytime I hear the word March I think of March Madness, you know basketball. But that doesn't leave much to go on, so how about expanding it and just making it sports in general? Since we had are girly theme already, sports would definitely be manly.

Nikki_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nikki_B Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 3:33am
post #11 of 61

Okay some of my ideas.. general ones, of course..

Lost in the jungle

March madness (or just sports in general)

Kids do the craziest things! (kiddie type cookies)

Here's what's cooking (cookies of pies, piping bags, etc)

Kinda silly but my brain is fried.. maybe a theme about your favorite brand?

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 4:32am
post #12 of 61

What about Movie Month, since the oscars are this sunday(?).

You could do like movie reels and or characters and props from movies...

Perhaps?

Jasmine

7yyrt Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 4:39am
post #13 of 61

Ooh, movies! Lots of possibilities there...

Cake_Princess Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 3:51pm
post #14 of 61

Wow, lots of good ideas...

lizzard14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzard14 Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 9:22pm
post #15 of 61

Anything to do with Springtime, as Spring begins March 21st, or Lucky Charms.....

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:02am
post #16 of 61

Melvira, I know the thread gets "lost" sometimes. icon_confused.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-1197981-.html#1197981

I like alot of the ideas that were mentioned. I'll have to try and think if I have anything else to add to the list. Or pick my fav.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:34am
post #17 of 61

Thank you mis!! I appreciate it! icon_wink.gif Let's hope the mod, or whoever is responsible for doing so will turn it into a sticky. I can't imagine why it would be a bad thing!! I get so frustrated searching and searching for it! ;p

bonniebakes Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 2:50pm
post #18 of 61

Lots of great ideas for March!!

I like the idea of "make up your own holiday" day... that could be really fun....

What about a color theme? Maybe green and orange for St. Pat's?

I really like the ideas Nikky_B had too... "here's waht's cookig" and "kids do the craziest things". I think those are great ideas to put on the list for some future theme!!

Cake_Princess - I know, I've been bad. icon_surprised.gif It's been a busy month. I did a few new dress cookies over the weekend with some extra dough that I had, but I've yet to take pictures and post them. I'll put it on my "to-do list" for today! By the way... where are YOUR pictures for this month? icon_biggrin.gif

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:06pm
post #19 of 61

I like the here's what's cooking idea, too.

I also like the idea of always including whatever holidays fall during the month. That's probably selfish, since I am trying to get more Jewish holiday items up on the board! icon_lol.gif Anyway, I'd also like to see cookies from other cultures/countries and sometimes they celebrate things we are unfamiliar with during certain months.

Just my two cents!
Kathi

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:07pm
post #20 of 61

I teach a cookie decorating class every month for people affected by cancer, and at the Feb. class they asked for shamrocks and spring flowers for our March class.

7yyrt Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:08pm
post #21 of 61

I think 'make your own holiday' and 'movies' both have good possibilities AND a wide range... I never thought of using a color theme - green and orange, hmmm...

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:30pm
post #22 of 61

Just watch the green and orange for St. Patty's Day -- while many think of it as "national drinking day", to others it is still a very sacred religious holiday and I've seen fights between the Catholics (green) and Protestants (orange) just because someone wore orange on that day and it offended. (Personally I wear purple that day and stay out of all of it! icon_biggrin.gif)

bonniebakes Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:51pm
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Just watch the green and orange for St. Patty's Day -- while many think of it as "national drinking day", to others it is still a very sacred religious holiday and I've seen fights between the Catholics (green) and Protestants (orange) just because someone wore orange on that day and it offended. (Personally I wear purple that day and stay out of all of it! icon_biggrin.gif)

Yikes! I certianly don't want to offend anyone!! icon_redface.gif I wasn't even thinking that the cookies would have to be related to St. Patrick's Day necessarily, I just picked those colors because St. Pat's in in March.

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 10:01pm
post #24 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Yikes! I certianly don't want to offend anyone!! icon_redface.gif I wasn't even thinking that the cookies would have to be related to St. Patrick's Day necessarily, I just picked those colors because St. Pat's in in March.

Yes it was quite an eye-opener to see two "green" boys nearly beat up an "orange" girl over religious reasons! Not something you soon forget!! tapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 1:39am
post #25 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

Cake_Princess - I know, I've been bad. icon_surprised.gif It's been a busy month. I did a few new dress cookies over the weekend with some extra dough that I had, but I've yet to take pictures and post them. I'll put it on my "to-do list" for today! By the way... where are YOUR pictures for this month? icon_biggrin.gif

It's ok Bonnie, you have been wonderful when I have been super busy. So it's all good.

I am thinking you will have to wait until the end April to see new pics. I've been super busy with exams and stuff. So I'm living vicariously through you LOL...

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 1:47am
post #26 of 61

I like the movie theme, or just colors..... icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:29am
post #27 of 61

Sooo, have we decided on a theme yet?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:42am
post #28 of 61

Do tell Ladies, do tell!

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 1:31pm
post #29 of 61

I like the sports theme since we just did girly or maybe the cooking theme.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 1:46pm
post #30 of 61

I'm new to this cookie club thing and I love the idea of it all. I liked the sound of all the different cultures so I think we can do culture month. Meaning that whatever holiday your culture celebrates in March you do a cookie to show that holiday. It would be very educational, interesting, varried and devinatley colorful. Jeeze just imagine with all the places represented on this site all the lovely cookies we would see. I sure love to learn new things about people. Just a thought

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%