Welcome Home Cake

Decorating By ktweety Updated 13 Dec 2005 , 7:28pm by ncdessertdiva

ktweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktweety Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 8

Hello to all

my brother has been in Iraq for over year and is coming home very soon. And of course i want to do a cake for him. Does any one have any "welcome home" ideas
thanks
kris

7 replies
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 8

I think he will just be so happy to see his family, it won't matter what the cake looks like!

You didn't say, I assume he's in the military...?

You could always do an American Flag? or 'tis the season for a Christmas theme...perhaps a present? (...as I expect his coming home will be the biggest gift your family receives this Christmas!)

janethorp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janethorp Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 8

How about a buttercream transfer of a map of USA or your home state and "Home is where the heart is"

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 8

I would do a heart-shaped cake and cover it with a fondant American Flag draped over it with a message like, " You warm our hearts."

cuillere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuillere Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 8

Congratulations for you and your familly for the safe return of your brother, I can only imagine what this situation did to a lot of people, from both sides. This deserves a nice cake, I would think patriotic but he probably wants a break from all of that for a while (which i 'm sure he've been through enough) and go for a "welcome home " cake. Again congratulations on his safe return.

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 8

Personally, I love to FBCT of the US with your town pinpointed with "Home is Where the Heart Is" My husband is a US Airman, and this is just the thing I would want to do for him...that's a fabulous idea!!

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 8

How about a present wrapped in the American Flag?

and Congrats to you and your family!

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 8

I would do a big heart to tell him how much you love him and missed him!! Congratulations, we appreciate his service!!
Leslie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%