Need Helping Pricing Cookies

Baking By tex8798 Updated 13 Dec 2005 , 4:37pm by mjw15618

tex8798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tex8798 Posted 12 Dec 2005 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 4

I was asked to make 155 christmas tree cookies I was wondering what you charge for cookies.
sonia

3 replies
countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 12 Dec 2005 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 4

icon_smile.gif How large are your cookies going to be? Also how much decor are you using?

I made Christmas trees on Sat. they were 3" high. I only used sprinkles and decorated around the edges with green buttercream. I was under a time constraint too......
I only charged .75/cookie. They went to a client who has been more than generous this year with her orders....many times she has paid more than I charged for the cakes she ordered. I cut her a small break on the cookies for that reason. icon_smile.gif Tis the season...... icon_wink.gif

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 12 Dec 2005 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 4

I just did a cookie order for decorated Christmas cookies and also charged $.75 a cookie. I called around to our local bakeries and that seemed to be about average. Also, these were more time-consuming than what I realized so take into consideration how much detail you're going to do as countrycakes said. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 4

For decorated sugar cookies, I charge anywhere from $1 to $4 per cookie. For a buck, you get a simple sugar cookie with one or two colors of icing. The bigger and more involved the decorating, the more expensive they are. People just don't realize how long it takes to do these cookies! I can spend literally hours outlining and flooding. Don't short-change yourself when it comes to something so labor-intensive! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%