Cookies For School

Baking By katskreations Updated 10 Dec 2005 , 12:56pm by vitade

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 4:08am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to bake about 80 sugar cookies for my sons class to decorate at school. They just want them round and big enough for the children to decorate themselves with icing and sprinkles, I'm guessing about 3 inches. Does anyone know a good sugar cookie recipie that I wouldn't have to roll out and cut? That seems to labor intensive for a circle. Also, how much would cookies like this sell for? Thanks for any help, Kat

3 replies
llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 4:14am
post #2 of 4

I haven't tried out this recipe. I did a search for you and it sounded like something you're looking for. HTH!

Leslie

Soft Giant Sugar Cookies
1/2 C. butter
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
3 C. flour
1 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 C. sour cream
sugar for cookie tops

Cream butter until smooth. Add the sugar in gradually. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.

Sift together the dry ingredients. Add to the creamed ingredients alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.

Use a 1/4 cup measure of batter for each cookie on a well greased cookie sheet. These cookies will be about 5 inches across so space accordingly. Flatten the cookies with a spatula to about 4 inches across. Sprinkle with sugar or a cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Bake at 400°F. for about 10 - 12 minutes.

Yield: 18 - 5 inch cookies or about 30 3 inch cookies.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 4:23am
post #3 of 4

(ok no one hit me w/ a wooden spoon but...)

if pressed for time/sanity/etc.....could always just get the premade dough in the refrigerated section at the grocery store......

kids, not being discriminating cookie eaters (tho' they sure can be picky about nearly everything else) and these being mostly an art project, the time and trouble saved might be worth it.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 4

Why not just make a recipe, like no fail or whatever, and roll it into a log. Close to whatever size circle you want. Chill it then cut it with a serrated knife into discs. Bake as usual.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%