Fondant On Cookies...

Baking By denise2434 Updated 22 Dec 2005 , 12:20am by denise2434

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 12

I'm going to be doing some cookies for my son's Christmas party at school. Ok...I want to do some cookies covered with fondant. I know that this is probably a goober question icon_lol.gif but how do I get the fondant to stick to the cookies? and can you use royal icing on the fondant to make designs??

Thanks!! Hugs, ~Denise

11 replies
charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 12

I am no expert but I would think you could use the royal for the glue underneath as well...

Good Luck

denise2434 Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 12:05am
post #3 of 12

Hey girl!! Yep...that's what I was thinking, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks so much!! Hugs, ~Denise

betycrker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
betycrker Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 12:13am
post #4 of 12

I use clear piping gel.

Havingfunbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Havingfunbaking Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 12:40am
post #5 of 12

I have done this with a few batches of sugar and chocolate roll-out cookies and I just put a small amount of water on the cooled cookie and then lay the fondant on top. I have found that a thinner layer of fondant goes a long way, so that the cookie ends up not being too sweet. After laying the fondant on top of the cookie I then press the fondant down on the cookie lightly and let it set.

Also, I have put royal icing on top of fondant on a cookie and it works out fine. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

brendaanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendaanne Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 1:38am
post #6 of 12

All of the above mentioned way work fine but I find the easiest is to lay the fondant on while the cookies are still warm (the fondant will get soft and stick then harden upon cooling) and you omit the step of adding gel or royal icing.

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 1:49am
post #7 of 12

I've done it with water and it works just fine ... good luck!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 1:57am
post #8 of 12

I've seen it stuck on using a thinned warm jelly. Good taste too! Use a light coloured one though, like apple jelly or apricot jelly

denise2434 Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks so much!! You guys gave some great tips!! thumbs_up.gif I can't wait to get started!! I like trying new things. icon_biggrin.gif

Hugs, ~Denise

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 11:22pm
post #10 of 12

If you don't want to do it when the cookie is still warm (then you don't need to use anything) you can also use a small amount of rose water brushed on with a small brush. It works very well and gives a very nice flavor without adding sweetness.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 11:46pm
post #11 of 12

I used corn syrup diluted with a little water. Worked out great icon_smile.gif

Mirjana

denise2434 Posted 22 Dec 2005 , 12:20am
post #12 of 12

Thank everyone so much for your help!! I got the cookies finished...their in my gallery if you would like to check them out and let me know what you think.

Hugs, ~Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%