People Are So Inconsiderate!

Business By cakefairy18 Updated 17 Dec 2005 , 5:05pm by celebrations

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

I had a lady call me today (friday) for a cake she needs SUNDAY!! 2 days..So we talk about it..about 30 ppl, footbal, steelers, maybe in the shape of a football, perhaps a large FBCT with Steelers logo...all is set..then she asks for the price.. I tell her and she says "Sorry, but thats too much for me.. icon_eek.gif WHHHAAAAATTTTT!! HOLY MOTHER OF ......... please...I really took some deep breaths b4 I answered and then I said well, what were u looking at, and of course she told me about a Costco cake, so i told her they were only one layer and bla bla bla..anyways, I told her that I would try to accomodate and that the Round one, you can get more servings out of, so I'm doing a 9" round with a Steelers FBCT for her price range..

Does anyone have any pics for Steelers football that I can put on this cake?

5 replies
mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 6

OH BOY! Yes, people are inconsiderate AND rude! I just think people do not give it any thought---they don't realize what goes into making a cake!
Kudos for you---I would have told her to go ask Costco about making that cake, then charge her more when she comes back to you icon_wink.gif
How are these...
http://media3.steelers.com/article/45773/
http://media3.steelers.com/article/45774/

Good luck!!! icon_biggrin.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 6

I have a picture of their logo if you would like that. Just let me know and I'll send it to ya. icon_biggrin.gif

Hugs, ~Denise

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 6

Okay...is this the TWIN SISTER of the crazy %$#@& I wrote about today??!! It's even the same city! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Is it because it is the holiday season...or are people licking too many stamps??!! Suddenly the nutty people are calling me too, asking for huge orders by Monday! As if we are all just sitting by the phone with a pad of paper and a pencil.

P.S. No Steelers ideas...sorry to go on! I've been "easing my pain" with a few vodka coolers!icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

saas74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saas74 Posted 10 Dec 2005 , 3:11am
post #5 of 6

I just used the first link that mamafrogcakes attached last week. I made a round gumpaste plaque for my BIL's groom's cake. This logo is quintessential steelers. amy

celebrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celebrations Posted 17 Dec 2005 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 6

I have absolutely wonderful people who will call me a month or two in advance for a simple birthday or shower cake. Then, I have come across so ignorant people in my time too. They call me on Thursday or Friday and want a whole sheet cake for saturday and then they want this intricate design. They want me to jump through my &** to make this cake for them. I must admit that everyone tells me my cakes are the best that they have ever had and word has really spread on this little military base that I live on. The good thing is, in order to get a cake from another company here you have to order TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE, and even then sometimes they don't deliver. So if you wait til the last minute and expect me to do a big @&& cake. I simply say, OH I AM SO SORRY, I HAVE MANY OTHER CAKE ORDERS AND I SIMPLY WOULDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT. IF YOU HAD CALLED ME A WEEK OR TWO AGO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEM. I AM SORRY. You must present yourself as a professional, If you let people take advantage of you like that, they will pass that info around. I would rather lose an ignorant customer. I just won't deal with them. These are the kinds of people that you cannot please anyway. Next time let her go to COSTCO. If she could get what she wanted there, THEN WHY DIDN'T SHE GET IT THERE? Did she think she was doing you a BIG favor by letting you do it. Yeah right. icon_evil.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%