Shop Cakecentral!

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 29 Jun 2005 , 1:54pm by KayDay

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 5:19am
post #61 of 116

I think we all know how much you love a surpriseTC!

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 12:09pm
post #62 of 116

LOL! I know aht you mean about having a house full of kids. I have an (almost) 2 year old and an autistic (almost) 4 year old. The 4 year old (Thomas) attends full-day preschool 4 days a week. My neighborhood is mostly SAHMs, but most of the children are at least a year or so older than my boys.

However, when school is done for the day or on weekends, I usually have a few extra kids over at my house. My house is known as "Cool Aunt Mindi's"....why? BECAUSE I BAKE!

The kids make "appointments" to come over and make cakes, cupcakes or cookies (I have a huge collection of cookie cutters, so it never gets boring <grin>icon_wink.gif. If they could, we would be making them every day.

Very important part of this....whatever we make - they have to take home with them (leaving 1 or 2 cupcakes here for my children). It's my only defense against gaining 25lbs!

flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 12:14pm
post #63 of 116

You have more on your plate then I do with your autistic child alone. Our best friends have an autistic child also, the doctors told them all sorts of horrible things growing up, and dont you know none came true! She is almost in high school, does A work, and now you would never know she had any problems. Her mom is one heck of a lady, she was used sort of as a spokesman for it, and she did classes ( Ithink) she has gone in front boards to tell them how important things are so on and so forth so you keep your head up like you are....with you being cool aunt mindi says it all! I'm Ms Kandi cake!

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:46pm
post #64 of 116

I was up till one thirty making a cake last night and then did some more to it this morning.... my kitchen is a wreck and I'm exhausted...but where am I ????? I even came here last night to up load my pics so I could put them on here today!! I am insane!!!!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:09pm
post #65 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

I like it this way right now because being here on a small base is horrible with all the whispering and finger pointing and bad mouthing going on. Instead of being known as a "cheater" or "ho" or "B!" I'm known as the one that is always there for the children...my house is always full of other kids. If I have only my kids I am surprised!

Funny that happens here off base. icon_mad.gif I believe I said this before I have 4 kiddos 14,12,11 and 3..(I posted the other day he was 2, he just turned 3 in jan. can't get in the groove of saying 3) icon_confused.gif plus I am raising my niece 16 and my nephew 19..Plus I have Chris the one that makes small jokes to me staying when he can (his mother kicked him out for whatever reasons) sooooooooooooooooo..I am a home body myself..The most fun I have is at Home Depot icon_biggrin.gif or at Garden Ridge (scanning the clearance Isle) I go there just for that Isle.. hehe And of course here..My internet buddies on CakeCentral.com... Thank you all for all you have done in helping me and sometimes giving me a big head thumbs_up.gif
P.S. Jackie? Your feeding our addiction? I love You!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:16pm
post #66 of 116

My hats off to you brainsbaker. Wow you are very busy and have a house full.

Me myself I love clearance too, he's a wonderful man, he'll never let you down. icon_wink.gif

zoozieqv Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:25pm
post #67 of 116

Wow Briansbaker!! What a sacrifice! You sound like a very giving woman....you are going to have many jewels in your crown!!! thumbs_up.gif

zoozieqv Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:26pm
post #68 of 116

BTW, I am a homebody too. I don't have any excuses I just am. When I do venture out to do stuff, it's usually for the girls and then my DH complains about the price of gas!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:28pm
post #69 of 116

i am definetely a home body and i'm just 21 yrs. old... no kids yet but i'm sure there will be a few in the future... i'm excited about trying to make my own wedding cake and all but my mom is completely against it... everyone at my work was impressed that we were going to do it, i'm not giving into my mom... i know it's crazy to try and do it but we're up for the challenge... between having to work and planning the wedding, i'll just have to find some time to play with cakes... i think i can do that icon_biggrin.gif

zoozieqv Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:30pm
post #70 of 116

You go girl!!! thumbs_up.gif You can do it!!!

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 12:25am
post #71 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

Its funny how I seem to have nothing else to do all day then to be on this site. My husband and older son shake their heads at me. I tell them to back off that the house isnt falling apart, its clean organized and well taken care of so I can do something more then clean! But I must admit I love to be on this site... I check the forum before going to bed, as soon as I wake up, and on most of the morning every morning. But in between I dust, vaccum do the dishwasher, all that and yes I even polish my Kirby vaccum, so hey if I have time to do all that and polish my vacuum then I can put my time to better use and read posts, and if something I think of can be added then post too... NOW I ask you am I addicted? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

I am the same way!! I NEED HELP!!! Does anyone know of a good Cakecentral support group? icon_biggrin.gif

Joe

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 4:44am
post #72 of 116

I'm a "home body" too & proud of it!! All my friends love to "run the roads" & I don't. If I can go shopping for cake stuff I'm fine. If I go to the book stores for cooking/baking books I'm fine. But I hate to window shop & I hate to go through every isle in stores. I guess I'm a very boring person! Oh well my friends must like me they are still hanging around!! icon_lol.gif

Ladies & Gents,

I am so proud of you & all you do for your families!!!!! YOU GO GIRLS AND GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a firm believer that family comes first!! Even in the bad times!! Just hold on to your family very tight & thank God for them every day!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 2:46pm
post #73 of 116

AMEN TC!! ~ I used to be a SAHM, supportive loving hubby; kids grew up, I went to work; kids moved out, even our handicapped daughter has been able to experience life to its fullest as best she can; some kids moved back home and left again, all married, 1 grandaughter; looking for work; become a CC addict; surrounded by wonderful family and friends; Thank God for everything we have...What else in life is there besides all of this?

flayvurdfun Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:03pm
post #74 of 116

Obivously I dont shop for myself....I have 4 pair of jeans and 5 tops, one pair of shoes, and one handbag, thats it. But when I do go out I too hate to window shop, but will always stop by the cake decorating area to see what they have....most of the time there isnt one, but at least I try.Being here in Germany makes it worse because the euro rate is so bad that it costs us more for things...everyday it changes. In other words if something is 100 euro it will cost us 129 dollars TODAY, tomorrow could be more! So YES I am a home body also!

lagunacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lagunacakelady Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 8:01am
post #75 of 116

I need all the practice I can get being new at this. But instead of baking and decorating I spend all my free time on this site ! I need help !!

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 11:43am
post #76 of 116

Yes you are addicted.
I have to go and clean my house now.... icon_smile.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 3:31pm
post #77 of 116

OK...OK..I gotta come clean...I Love ALL things cake too shugga!!!!!! I go to sleep thinking about cake ideas...I keep my pc signed on at the shop all the time and CC is open most of the time even when I am working or ordering...its there in the background. I have to confess..I AM A JUNKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 4:59pm
post #78 of 116

This thread started about the time I joined CC, and I now have to say:

Hello, my name is Jan, and I'm a Cake Central Junkie! There, I've said it, and I'm glad! I have dial-up internet service, so nobody can even call me! I don't care!

I'm sleep-deprived, so you'll find me here at all times of the day and night! Cleaning really ought to be a four-letter word in my opinion...not much of it goes on here! I hardly use my vacuum cleaner, much less polish it!

I too have given up the online games (well, almost)!
It really is nice to have a place to go spend quality time with friends! Thanks to all of you! Janice

KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 5:04pm
post #79 of 116

Well..they say admission of the problem is the first step to recovery Janice...However in this case..I don't think it is going to work for us! Cuz you know what they say...You have to WANT to get better and I don't think we do! icon_biggrin.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 9:02pm
post #80 of 116

Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm a CC addict. I fall asleep on CC and wake up to CC icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif.

Dust the vaccum? I think not thumbsdown.gif

KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 9:05pm
post #81 of 116

Dust my vacuum? My windtunnel can dust itself..hehe

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:33pm
post #82 of 116

i found this site a few months ago and i admit i am a addict, and im proud of it.......anyone have a problem with that???? icon_confused.gif just kidding, i dont mind if anyone has a problem with it cause it would just be my DH that would... icon_lol.gif

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:46pm
post #83 of 116

I too think i have a problem. I'm sitting here now eating scrambled eggs that my DH made cause i was on here. I dont know what it is about cc but when the computer goes on my family just dissapear. No one talks to me, is this because they are afraid to interrupt mmmmmmmm.
I love this site and i am not willing to let it go for anyone or anything.
Narelle

KayDay Posted 27 Jun 2005 , 11:59pm
post #84 of 116

I work online a lot ( ordering for my shop sending follow up emails to customers etc.) so I don't think that my family has noticed that much till lately. I think they are just now starting to realize that I am here all the time. icon_redface.gif

veejaytx Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 12:33am
post #85 of 116

Well I have it made, I live alone so nobody cares how much time I spend here, the betas seem to enjoy it because they can watch me watching them, but I have noticed my cat giving me dirty looks!

Pretty smooth, KayDay, letting them think you are working! LOL Janice

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 1:17am
post #86 of 116

ha im almost the sameway i check in all the time too see if anything new is going on.

cakes_by_jess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes_by_jess Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 1:22am
post #87 of 116

Hi My name is Jessica, I too just joined CC & I have to say I spend alot of time on this site. I'll stay up late at night just on this site, after my kids go to bed, its my peaceful time! icon_wink.gif
I love everything about it! All the posts, pictures, recipes you name it!

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 2:01am
post #88 of 116

I couldn't log in for hours today and was having serious withdrawls. I am cake obsessed lately and you are all just fueling the fire. icon_razz.gif

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:13am
post #89 of 116

Oh Boy! Now we are really in trouble

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/store/index.php

veejaytx Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:22am
post #90 of 116

Yep, looks like trouble all right! Another place to shop! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%