Buttercream Transfer

Decorating By lwsmith Updated 6 Dec 2005 , 2:46pm by lwsmith

lwsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lwsmith Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 10

I'm about to attempt my first BCT. In the instructions it said to print an image in reverse/mirror image. Any ideas how to do that? I didn't see that as an option but I could be looking in the wrong place. Thanks! I'm trying to do Batman for a cake on Sat.

Linda

9 replies
RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 10

Do you have any photo editing software?? If you do, under editing, there should be a selection for "reverse" or "flip" or even "Mirror" it'll flip your picture. There's even an online photo editor if you can find someone that knows what it is icon_surprised.gif)

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 10

Mine is under my printer options....when I hit print there is a little box I check.

Berta

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 10

My computer is old but I can scan my picture and tell the scanner to "flip" it and save it, or I can paste the picture into Microsoft "Paint" and "flip" it there. None of the printers I have give me the option to do this. I just happened to see it one day while using my scanner.

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 10

With mine I can copy the picture into Microsoft Word and then select the image and choose to edit it and reverse it!

Tilisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tilisha Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 10

Go to the control panel and click on printers and faxes. Right click and the printer your useing. Click printer preferences, click on page layout tab and mirror image should be an option.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 10

If you can't figure out how to do it on your computer, print out the image and tape it to a window. Then trace around the image on the back side of the paper, and use that for your transfer.

You don't always have to reverse the image. If there is writing or something (like a flag) that is suppose to face only one direction then you will need to reverse it. But not every image needs to be reversed. icon_smile.gif

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 10:36am
post #8 of 10

TexasSugar is right, if it's not a definite image, say like a flag, or words and it woudn't effect the overall project, than you don't have to flip it. I have traced the image on a sheet of parchment and then just flipped that over and either re-trace over that or if it's dark enough just use it as is. It's really up to you.

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 10:57am
post #9 of 10

i did a batman and i didnt reverse the image. and it turned out alright icon_smile.gif gl tho

lwsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lwsmith Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 2:46pm
post #10 of 10

ok, thanks everybody!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%