Cake Was Attaced By My 2Y Old

Decorating By Liis Updated 11 Dec 2005 , 8:55am by melissaanne

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 4 Dec 2005 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 6

I made my christmascake early and my friend was organising a little christmas fair. and we thought that it was a great idea to have one of my cakes out and also cards. so people could call and order their christmascakes. anyway so i had santa out and it was a great hit. Kids loved it and couldn't keep their fingers away. ok they managed to break some little things but i thought no problem i can fix it. brought it home and put it on a table and went to get ready to go out. I forgot that i have kids. Usually i hide my cakes really high but as this was little broken already so i didn't really worry about it. It wasn't for sale anyway.
it took me max 5 miniutes to come back to the livingroom and this is what i found.
icon_eek.gif
LL

5 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 4 Dec 2005 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liis

I made my christmascake early and my friend was organising a little christmas fair. and we thought that it was a great idea to have one of my cakes out and also cards. so people could call and order their christmascakes. anyway so i had santa out and it was a great hit. Kids loved it and couldn't keep their fingers away. ok they managed to break some little things but i thought no problem i can fix it. brought it home and put it on a table and went to get ready to go out. I forgot that i have kids. Usually i hide my cakes really high but as this was little broken already so i didn't really worry about it. It wasn't for sale anyway.
it took me max 5 miniutes to come back to the livingroom and this is what i found.
icon_eek.gif

OH NO!!!!!!!! Where were you going to take it?? I gather from your story that it'd already been to the fair, and then home, and then?? Where were you going to take it?
Oh my!! I would have cried!!
Nati

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 4 Dec 2005 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 6

I am not very good in explaning things. The cake had been in the fair already as a showpiece and it wasn't to be sold. It was gonna stay as our own christmascake . so it wasn't such a big problem but still made me pretty mad and sad because i had worked many hours on it. icon_mad.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 4 Dec 2005 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 6

Oh my! I can only imagine how you felt. Even if the cake wasn't to be sold, all of that time and effort put into it and then this. I'm so sorry.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 6

OMG..those little kiddies are quick ones!!

melissaanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissaanne Posted 11 Dec 2005 , 8:55am
post #6 of 6

At least you remembered to take some photos- before and after! icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%