Bouquets For Men!

Baking By tricia Updated 22 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm by GeminiRJ

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 16

I have a hard time doing bouquets for men I don't know..Someone called me today and asked me to do one for her husband's b-day..She said she would pay $25 for one..I decided on doing balloons in bright colors and cut out his age 56. I found a real pretty box type container with colorful balloons on it..I think it is hard to make them for men. Does anyone else agree? I have ordered some cutters shaped like Tools...I have fish...baseball and football...need more male ideas....Thanks!

15 replies
terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 1:53am
post #2 of 16

I did a search on cookie bouquets on the web and copied pictures into a word document. I found several cute ones out there. If you know about the guy's interest or sport, you can go with that.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:10am
post #3 of 16

if he is a business kinda guy, different neck ties would be cute!

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:16am
post #4 of 16

The ties are a really cute idea, I like that! I can't believe how many different options there are for cookie cutters - truly amazing!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:17am
post #5 of 16

How about: Cars, motorcycles, lodge theme stuff such as deer, bear, moose, cabin and fish.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:40am
post #6 of 16

Or just using a wedding cake cookie cutter to do brightly colored birthday cakes? I've seen those online and they are pretty gender-neutral.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:44am
post #7 of 16

just drop a BIG choco chip cookie on a stick in front of me (ok...or a oatmeal walnut or pecan or better yet both raisin w/ choco chips or a white & dark chocolate macadamia nut cookie) on a stick...and you can forget any fancy shapes or deco....

just get out of the way and let me PIG out!

(did you note the CHOCOLATE theme in the above cookeis.....oooohhh chocolate chocolate chunk cookies w/ pecans/walnuts!!)

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:51am
post #8 of 16

Don't forget golf...also beer bottles if they drink beer. My hubby just likes plain ole choc. chip cookies. Oh, and brownies.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:54am
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincanbaby

Oh, and brownies.

me too: esp. dark chocolate ones w/ big ol chunks of chocolate and a frosting of melted chocolate (just pour those chips on fresh from the oven!)

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 3:07am
post #10 of 16

I did make the bouquet with balloons (see posted photo on gallery). I think it turned out cute. I don't know him, so it was hard to figure out what to do. I asked his wife a few questions, does he like to fish, hunt, nascar? She just said he was a good husband, christian man, good day...but didnt' tell me any interests as far as hobbies..so this is what I came up with...I hope to be better prepared next time. Thanks for the replies.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 3:11am
post #11 of 16

I think it looks great! thumbs_up.gif You did a wonderful job, especially considering you didn't have much to go on. icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 3:32am
post #12 of 16

Holy cow you work fast. LOL!! It looks great, good choice.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 4:44am
post #13 of 16

Awesome ideas on this thread! I've done one with ties before and it was so cute! Most of mine have been beer, golf or sports themed! Oh, I've also done one of a TV remote!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:15pm
post #14 of 16

Unless it's really fru-fru, if it's edible, the guy will luv it! icon_lol.gif

Dawn2467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawn2467 Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 5:48pm
post #15 of 16

I saw a bouquet somewhere with...beer, chickenwings, Hooters tanktop, football...ALSO, what about t.v., grill, boat, fishing or camping gear, cars, NASCAR, poker chips/cards, tools, golf ball-club-bag-tee-visor-beer,...girl stuff-bra, panties, lingere, PBbunny,......Occupational cookies can be cute too! HTH

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #16 of 16

Doug - I'm getting the impression you like chocolate! My kinda guy. Though I'm not as much a chocoholic as my sister. She actually has stashes of chocolate hidden around the house!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%