First Paid Cake Order!!!

Decorating By lkfarley Updated 21 Feb 2007 , 5:00am by icantcook

lkfarley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkfarley Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 6

I am soooo excited! Just wanted to share with everyone that I got my first paid cake order today!! icon_biggrin.gif I got an order for a homemade carrott cake with cream cheese frosting for Saturday. I will be making a 10 inch double layer cake and charged $30... do you think I overcharged or undercharged? Any feedback on that aspect would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkfarley

I am soooo excited! Just wanted to share with everyone that I got my first paid cake order today!! icon_biggrin.gif I got an order for a homemade carrott cake with cream cheese frosting for Saturday. I will be making a 10 inch double layer cake and charged $30... do you think I overcharged or undercharged? Any feedback on that aspect would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have an answer for you on the pricing but I just wanted to say CONGRATUALATIONS on your first paid order!!! I'm so excited for you. I know this will only be the beginning of something wonderful. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Margie

lkfarley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkfarley Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the encouragement! The person/people that placed the order have sampled my cakes before. They got my practice wedding cake and loved it. Guess that is why they called for an order! icon_biggrin.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 6

Congratulations on your order. If you feel good about what you charged, then it's perfect. There are some people on here who would charge less and some much more-it's really up to you.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

WOW...your first order...

CONGRATULATIONS

kylie

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 5:00am
post #6 of 6

Congrats! Very excited for you. I don't know much about pricing, but how did the customer react to that price? I think that would be your best indicator? But just guessing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%