I Need Ideas For A Pure Romance Party Cake....

Decorating By jen1977 Updated 21 Feb 2007 , 7:07pm by chelleb1974

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 19

I don't want to do anything too naughty, as this isn't an area of cake decorating that I want to get started in, but my neighbor has begged me this past summer to make a cake for her party. Well, dumb me didn't think she would actually HAVE the party, so I told her I would do one if she actually had it. Well, she called me this morning, and the party is Friday. It will be done as a favor, and will be all women there. She wants an winky cake, but there's no way I am doing one of those. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a bed cake with the fondant blanket and heads and feet poking out, insinuating (sp???) the naught cake part. Is this cheesy? Remember, I have 4 and 6 year old boys who haven't started asking S-E-X questions, and I'd rather a cake not bring these questions about! Thanks!

18 replies
kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 19

i think the bed idea is cute, if you don't feel comfortable doing a winky cake (i wouldn't) then, don't do it.

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 19

i guess you could also make a cake like some lingerie or something a little less gross.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 19

I think the bed with feet sticking out and little hands holding onto the blankets at top would be cute and funny but not "too naughty" for your boys to see and for you to be comfortable with too. There are several bed cakes on here in galleries to get ideas with also.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 19

I think its a cute idea! If the kids ask about that cake you could just say they are having a slumber party. icon_smile.gif

LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 19

Sorry, I have no ideas for you, but I wanted to let you know that when I read "winky cake" I spat coffee.

cordy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cordy Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:44pm
post #7 of 19

You know that most adult stores have cut cupcake pans that look like "winkys" and when I made them for my birthday party several years ago my son thought they were space ships ...anyway its a thought, you could have them baked and iced in no time, while the kids are sleeping or playing outside etc. Or make em, store em and frost them at your friend's house the evening of the party...of course you would have to venture into the adult store novelty section icon_lol.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 19

Yeah, I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 13 1/2 year old and there will be no "winky" nor "tootoo" nor booby cakes a bakin in my oven!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:47pm
post #9 of 19

I think this might help out....Debbie Brown has a naughty book that is tasteful. icon_smile.gif

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/naughty_cakes/pages/bedtime_fun_jpg.htm

The home link has a bunch of other pictures from her book. Good Luck!!

Angie

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 19

I have Debbie Brown's Naughty cakes book if there is anything you have questions on. I've made the wet t-shirt cake and it came out pretty good. It was for my friend's FIL!

~Chelle

maverick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maverick Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 19

I sell Pure Romance products and I have not been to a party with a winky cake yet. Most ladies need time to adjust at these parties and I could not imagine what some would think if they walked in and saw that on the table. I made a cake for a friend's b-day that was leopard print underwear with quite a large package underneath. She loved it and so did all the other ladies. This way you are getting the point across without being vulgar. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

cordy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cordy Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 6:14pm
post #12 of 19

I had my winky cupcakes at a birthday/ Pureromance party and I thought they broke the ice perfcetly. A friend of mine also used winky candy molds and made a bouquet of chocolate winkies of all colors! It was hilarious! We sort of embraced the abusrd with my party and all the laughter was a great ice breaker. But then again me and my friends are all nuts anyway...I like the idea of leopard briefs. Very sassy yet not over whelming.

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 6:23pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, I have no ideas for you, but I wanted to let you know that when I read "winky cake" I spat coffee.

That tickled me too. icon_lol.gif

I think the bed idea is cute, you could tell the kids they're wrestling. You could also do a condom wrapper.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:24pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMom

Sorry icon_redface.gif That's what my two boys call it. They know and do use the proper name, but most of the time, it's Mr Winky icon_lol.gif

I'm not comfortable doing a naughty cake, but everyone is really excited about what I'm going to bring. they can't wait to see it! My neighbor even told me to decorate and leave it at her house! I don't know which of the two makes me more uncomfortable....making the cake, or thinking about actually going to the party icon_redface.gif I am married, but dh says I'm a 30 year old fuddy dud! Maybe I'll just make a nice pirouette cake or something with ganache and strawberry filling.

chelleb1974 Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:29pm
post #15 of 19

I've been to a few of these type of parties and their a lot of fun. We spend most of the time laughing at what others say. However, they are not for everyone - I have a friend who would not be caught dead at one. I don't even tell her that I go to them. They usually have lotions and stuff that they show first, then if you're uncomfortable with the rest of it you can go to another room, clean up in the kitchen, etc.... If you know the people that are going it's a lot of good clean fun!

~Chelle

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:31pm
post #16 of 19

two words, debbie brown

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:39pm
post #17 of 19

There was a really cute cake in "Wedding Cakes" Magazine. I'm not sure which month. Anyways the cake stands that have 3 levels - thats what they used. Then as you look at the bottom cake there was some pants & maybe a skirt, then the next cake had more clothes until the top cake was made to look like a bed with the couple under the blankets & I think their feet might have been sticking out. But you get the idea. Very very cute.

princess_tonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_tonya Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:02pm
post #18 of 19

No ideas, but my five year old calls it a "woo". Then he named his teddy bear "woo-woo". He hasn't put this together yet, but it is pretty funny.

chelleb1974 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:07pm
post #19 of 19

My friend's son used to call his "Big Bird" - we couldn't stop laughing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%