Be Honest, Who Went Into Withdrawal??

Decorating By Joshsmom Updated 27 Mar 2005 , 4:55am by sweetie

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 19

Last night after finishing up my cake I went to check in here and I got the message that the boards were down for maintenance. icon_eek.gif

What, icon_surprised.gif no, icon_cry.gif can't be icon_confused.gif , did anyone else go into withdrawal mode because you couldn't check in?? I'm getting bad icon_lol.gif

18 replies
mochaboi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mochaboi Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 19

Joshsmom,

I felt the onsets of withdrawal...LOL..This site is addictive in a VERY Good way! I have learned so much and my confidence level has bossted 10 fold since joining...lol It's just great to be in the company of like minded people...

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 19

hmm...
that's a first! i didn't know that happened. i would freak out!! icon_eek.gif lucky for me, i'm on a different time zone!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 19

LOL! I kept getting an error message that read ...down for maintenance, be back in 4 minutes. Well, let me tell you, that was the longest 4 minutes of my life! I wonder how many people did what I did and jumped over to theWilton site and made a few posts? LOL

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 19

I would have done both if I had noticed!
Withdrawal and jump to Wilton...... but I was too busy. I did keep thinking though that I should take a break and go on....but I didnt....
thank goodness!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 19

Oh, Man! I freaked out big time. I need an alomost every 4-6 hr fix of this place! Especially when I am in between work shifts! Glad I wasn't the only one. I almost wanted to throw my puter!

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 19

LOL! icon_biggrin.gif

Well hopefully the short downtime was worth it! Everyone should be noticing improvements in page load time!

MrsMissey Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 19

Thanks Jackie...there is a definite improvement in the load time!! icon_biggrin.gif

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 8:10pm
post #9 of 19

Yes Jackie, Thank you, load time is definitely quicker

But...... can you just give us addicts a warning before you do that again icon_lol.gif then we can get our fix beforehand icon_wink.gif

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 8:12pm
post #10 of 19

Absolutely!

here is more info on why we didn't end up doing that this time:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-1209.html

MrsMissey Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 9:28pm
post #11 of 19

Come on...at this time, this thread has been viewed 100 times and only 9 replies!! 'Fess up you guys!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 4:38am
post #12 of 19

I'm a fessing, I'm a fessing MrsMissey!! icon_biggrin.gif I was freaking out!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Me & jscakes were emailing each other back & forth! I was going to give up & just log offline & she said that a computer glitz wasn't stopping her!! Finally it started working again!!! thumbs_up.gif Gosh was I excited!!! I stayed up till 1:15 just to catch up on all my reading & looking at the new pics that were posted!! I decorated cakes all day so I didn't have time to get on during the day. Gosh, I had a lot of catching up to do!!!! I was having withdrawals big time!! I think I mentioned that to jscakes!! icon_lol.gif We are all so crazy!!!!!! DON'T WE ALL LOVE CAKE CENTRAL!!!!!!!! THANKS JACKIE!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 5:00am
post #13 of 19

I'm glad to see that I was not the only one that was freaking out. My husband was laughing at me because I kept trying..and trying..and trying..he told me to "just give up and try it tomorrow"...I finally decided to call my brother in law (he's a computer guy) and see if it could be something with my computer..while I was on the phone with him, the site came back up..and I was able to survive again. I thought that it was just my luck that as soon as I am feeling good enough to be on the forums, the site shuts down..I sure am glad that it is up and running again.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 1:21pm
post #14 of 19

I've been reading this post...but I was not on when the site went down. But I have been on before when the site was soooo slow I could not get the site to come up icon_cry.gif
But now it's back and it's getting better! Jackie has added the ablilty to attach pictures to your post, making it much easier than before. Thank you Jackie!!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 4:13am
post #15 of 19

I feel like that every weekend. I usually don't have time icon_cry.gif to check the website. By the time I'm done with them I'm pooped, but I ejoy them as well. Tonight I have free time and I'm in heaven. icon_biggrin.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 4:15am
post #16 of 19

I feel like that every weekend. I usually don't have time icon_cry.gif to check the website. By the time I'm done with the kids I'm pooped, but I enjoy them as well. Tonight I have free time and I'm in heaven. icon_biggrin.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 4:21am
post #17 of 19

Smooth sailing again tcturtleshell!! Thanks Jackie and all who worked to improve everything!

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 4:46am
post #18 of 19

I can only imagine if something awful were to happen and the time down was an hour or soooooooo----funny how time drags on when you want something now and how it flys by when you are enjoying what you are doing!!!

sweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetie Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 4:55am
post #19 of 19

I thought it was me at first. I kept trying every few minutes.I really need to get on and look up something. Then finally it was back. Thanks Jackie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%