Where To Start To Find A Commercial Kitchen???

Business By LetThemEatCake Updated 1 Dec 2005 , 6:37am by celebrations

LetThemEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThemEatCake Posted 1 Dec 2005 , 12:38am
post #1 of 3

I'm in the DFW area of Texas and I've been making cakes for several years. Now I work at a large corporation and after bringing in cakes for different potlucks and holidays, people want to start ordering cakes from me.

I've been toying with the idea of a business for awhile but I'm really at the point where I need to find a commercial kitchen to work out of if I'm going to start accepting more than cost.

My question is, where do I start???

I've thought about calling the local donut shops that close at Noon and seeing if I can rent time/space... local cafe's.

It seems to me like there should be somewhere central, but does that just make too much sense??? I can't really find anything in the paper.

Advice? Do I just need to start knocking on doors (ringing phones)?

I'm pretty sure that's the answer...

Thanks.

BTW, I love this board...

2 replies
acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 1 Dec 2005 , 2:22am
post #2 of 3

Check these types of places: Churches (those that have a lot of weddings are generally certified)

Fire halls- here we have volunteer firefighters and they always need money.

Grange-rotary-lions clubs

Good Luck.

When I was looking they were impressed that I had a small business plan, proff of intent for liability insurance, etc.

celebrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celebrations Posted 1 Dec 2005 , 6:37am
post #3 of 3

Try a small grocery store that has maybe a deli and a small amount of hot food( you'll know that they have ovens) but no bakery. This way you might even pursuade them to let you sell some there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%